Chapter 16

Manik' s POV

I pulled away from the hug and looked back at the boy. He was unconscious. He was bleeding from his calves. I knew he had to get immediate medical treatment cause I injured one of his main arteries. I mean this is one of my faults. Believe it or not, I was a certified surgeon and I was trained in shooting. And this has become a bad habit of mine to instinctively shoot the arteries and veins. Maaannn!

I immediately paged my official nurse, Camile to come down and admit him quickly so that I could operate him. She came running down, panting," Manik, don't tell me you did it again?!". I looked sheapish," Sorry, didn't mean to...."

Camila quickly put him on the bed and put on the IV and took her to the house OR. I had a mini- hospital set up at my home. Well, I did need one since I couldn't just walk into a nearby public hospital when I'm a mafia and I just shot a person.

Nandini looked completely amazed," Manik, you're doing the operation?! Wow...I mean how many degrees do you have?!"

I was pleased at the compliment. I quickly told her to go take rest as she was obviously too shocked with what just happened.

I went to do his operation and it was obviously successful.

Well, I had business with this dumb guy in a few hours when he would wake up.

Aryaman's POV

I came to the police station again. Like seriously?! Where the hell has Nandini disappeared off to?! I came up to the the inspector who was in charge of the case, " Sir, do you have any news of Nandini yet?....Please do tell me...its been a long time now.."

He looked at me with a very apologetic look, " Mr. Aryaman, I was just about to call you. We have decided to take our hand off this case."

What?!

Did I hear right?!

I was so mad, " What do you mean you're not working on this case anymore?! Are you crazy? Dude, let me get this straight....Nandini has been kidnapped!"

He looked grave, " We understand Sir. But the problem is that this is not just a kidnapping case anymore. It has become a high profile and a very sensure case."

I was surprised,"What do you mean?"

He replied," The fact is that Nandini has been kidnapped with one of the most powerful mafias, not only in this country but the whole world. If we do anything, we might lose our jobs. They have a lot of power and influence over high government officials and businessman, so us small inspectors cannot do anything against them."

Nandini was kidnapped by the mafia?! Why? Why her? What could she have possibly done to get herself kidnapped?

I was so mad. I punched his desk in anger," So that's how it is?! You corrupted officials aren't going to do anything right?! You just wait and see what I do!"

I stormed out of the station. So they weren't going to help me. Well, I'll use the press and get help. How long are those crazy heads gonna hide!

Manik's POV

I was sitting next to Nandini's bed looking at her. She was obviously very shocked and was out in seconds, as I was told. She looked so pretty and innocent, as light shined on her. How would I protect her in this dangerous world?!

She was so clueless and knew nothing about this world...one day, even if not today, I will have to tell her why all this is happening....i can't imagine how she would feel....What would she think of her father...

I was deep in thought when I heard a knock on the door. It was Camile. " That boy is awake. You should go see him."

I nodded and took a last look at Nandini and left the room. I walked down the hall into his mini-hospital room. I had taken a course in interrogation so I was no novice and I knew how to get stuff out of that guy's mouth.

Believe it or not, I do have many detective friends who work for me. And they are quite useful you know. And I had experience, since I worked undercover in the police departmental.

I went inside and gave a smug smile. " So mister, are you ready to spill or are you going to waste my time?"

______________________________________

Thank You! Please vote and comment!