A New Chapter

"What are you doing?" Regina asked as she heard repeated scratching over paper. She didn't look up, but she knew the woman's eyes had been on her the entire time. Emma let out a soft laugh and kept sketching quietly.

Regina looked up slowly and bit her lip. She looked at the blonde suspiciously and wanted to get up. She put the book aside, but Emma gasped and stopped her.
"Please don't move..." She said and the brunette frowned a little.
"Okaaay..." She said slowly and grabbed her book again, resuming her previous position. Emma smiled a little as Regina posed for her again. She took up her pencil once more and started drawing. The brunette glanced over at Emma and smiled slightly.
"Are you drawing me?" She asked with a light blush staining her cheeks and the blonde smirked a little.
"Maybe." The woman smiled mysteriously and kept on drawing. Regina shook her head a little and just kept on reading. She would indulge the blonde for now, she just hoped she wouldn't end up looking like a dragon. She had no idea how well Emma could draw, which also made her incredibly curious. It was getting harder and harder to focus on her book before she eventually gave up and put it down.

"Show me..." Regina demanded softly. Emma chuckled and shook her head. The brunette groaned before smirking evilly. "I'll move if you don't." She said and the blonde pouted.
"Fine... But don't laugh OK... I'm trying really hard." She said and moved to sit next to Regina on the couch. She held out the sketchpad to the woman and blushed.

Regina slowly took the sketchpad from the blonde and looked at the beautiful drawing. It was indeed her casually reading on the couch and it actually was quite detailed. Sure, it wasn't finished but it was quite beautiful. The brunette blushed and looked at Emma slowly.
"You're really good at this!" She said and Emma bit her lip.
"You really think so?" Emma asked and looked into Regina's eyes. The brunette smiled softly and leaned in slowly, pulling Emma closer by the collar of her blouse before placing a gentle kiss on her lips. The blonde smiled into the kiss and cupped the woman's cheek gently. She pulled back after a little while and took back the sketching pad.
"Let me finish this for you." Emma said and went back to her chair. Regina nodded and smiled. She sat back again, similarly to how she sat before so Emma could finish her drawing. She was quite excited for it, especially since she never had anyone draw her, at least as far as she could remember.

Eventually the blonde put her sketchpad to the side and stretched her body. She smiled and got up before leaning over the brunette, kissing her softly. Regina put her book down and purred softly.

Since Regina's sleepy kiss with Emma, the two have gotten closer in the last few weeks. It never went beyond cuddling and sweet kisses. They were comfortable like that and not rushing into anything. Regina especially was really nervous about getting intimate even if she did initiate the first kiss. Emma didn't mind it however and let Regina set the pace for the both of them.

The blonde moved to straddle Regina and wrapped her arms around the woman's shoulders, kissing her slowly. The brunette put her hands on the woman's hips and purred softly, smiling into the kiss. The blonde pulled back from the kiss but hugged the woman gently. Regina used her wool shawl to wrap it around the both of them, hugging the blonde closely. They sat like that for a while with Emma nuzzled into the brunette's neck.

Regina looked up at the blonde and smiled.
"I want to go out... Let's ride. I know it's cold, but I need to get the hell out of this house." She said and Emma chuckled softly.
"Then, let's go riding." The blonde said and got up, pulling the brunette along. "How about we ride together on Onyx? You're the better rider out of both of us anyway." The blonde said and Regina smirked.
"You're just saying that so you can cling to me!" The brunette shook her head and Emma gasped.
"I do not!" She defended herself before chuckling softly. "OK, maybe I do want to stick close and not freeze to death." She said and grinned. Regina wrapped her arms around the blonde's neck and held her in a headlock, laughing softly while dragging her along to change into something warmer.