Cuts

You all were riding you bikes as Bill and Eddie talked about the clown that they've been seeing. Ben, Stan, and Beverly would join in voicing their opinions and experiences with it. You stayed silent and rolled your eyes.

"Do you have to be a virgin to see this? Cause I ain't seein' shit!," Richie said, making you look at him in both disbelief and a slight hint of jealousy for whoever it was with. "Shut up, Richie," everyone else said and Richie fell behind the group and rode with you.

"You're not a virgin, Tozier?," you asked, trying to sound more mocking than serious. He scoffed and rode closer to you. "Of course I'm a virgin, doll face," he whispered before riding back to the position he was before.

You blushed slightly and sighed of relief. He noticed this and smirked at you. Suddenly everyone stopped. "Is that the homeschooled kid's bike?," someone asked. You tried to look over and before you knew it, everyone dropped their bikes and went down the path the bike was in front of.

At the end of the path was some sort of creek and right there was Henry Bowers and his gang beating senseless the homeschooled kid you knew whose name was Mike.

You were behind Beverly and before you knew it, Ben was screaming and you looked over Bev's shoulder to see he had thrown a rock at Bowers. You couldn't help but notice that asshole who also teased you, Patrick Hockstetter, wasn't with him either.

Bowers's gang started to throw rocks at you and your friends, while you all threw rocks back. You heard Richie yelling something before you saw a rock fly at his forehead and him stagger back into the ground but laugh it off and sloppily throw rocks back.

Bowers hit your forehead hard with a huge rock while you were looking at Richie and you fell back, caught of guard and feeling light-headed. The second it happened, Richie turned to you and ran as fast as he could, catching you before you fell.

He noticed you had a huge gash on your forehead and it was bleeding pretty badly. He started to panic and ran his hand near the open wound, causing you to flinch back and whimper in pain. "Eds! I need your help with this!," he said, causing Eddie to stop fighting and rush over to you.

"Oh my God, (Y/N), what happened?!," he asked, freaking out and breathing heavily. You forced a laugh. "I'll be fine, Eddie. Just patch it up or something," you said to him. He shook his head and started taking breaths with his inhaler.

"I don't know what to do! I don't have anything to cover it up! I don't want you to get an infection and die!," Eddie yelled frantically, treating the cut on your forehead as if it was a gunshot. You started to laugh while Eddie rambled, Richie still held your back slightly off the ground and he only looked at you, but he was really the most concerned there.

"Hold her for me, Eds," Richie said, carefully passing you to Eddie who had his arms outstretched and out for you to lay on. You raised an eyebrow at this, but lie down in his arms anyways. "It's just a cut, Eddie Spaghetti," you said with a giggle. "There's no need for this."

"Yes, (Y/N), I know. But if you get hurt, so do I. But more importantly, so does Richie," he said, looking off to his friend who was now violently throwing rocks at Bowers. "What do you mean by that?," you asked.

His eyes widened as if he said too much and he just stared in Richie's direction. "He doesn't like it when his friends get hurt," Eddie said after a while.

You nodded and looked at Richie as well, not helping but try to understand what Eddie just said. Soon everyone stopped throwing rocks and they started to walk back. They didn't see you because Richie pulled you maybe a little too far back away from them.

"Go blow your dad, you mullet-wearing asshole!," Richie yelled before cockily giving Bowers the finger on both hands. You smiled at him, his attitude was one of the things you liked a lot about Richie. He walked over to where you and Eddie were and knelt down in front of you and checked your forehead.

"I'll take you home tonight, doll. I don't want you to hurt yourself on the way back," he said, looking at you with concerned eyes. You nodded and Richie helped you up, even though you didn't need it. Eddie walked in front of you and Richie held your arm around his shoulder just in case you fell.

You still didn't understand why he was being like this. It really was just a cut on your forehead.

Bev took your bike to her house since it was nearby, while you rode on Richie's bike with him. You got on and wrapped your arms around his waist. He was mostly sitting off of the seat, which was really uncomfortable, but he didn't mind. He stayed silent the entire time.

He took you to your house and helped you off the bike and onto the porch. The sun was beginning to set and Richie remembered there was a curfew so he had to drop you off quickly. You took your arm off from around his shoulder and chuckled. "There really was no need for that, Rich, it's just a cut," you said.

He stared at you. Not even cracking a smile. You stared back awkwardly. "Thanks for taking me home though. I do enjoy our endeavors, Tozier," you said, trying to break the silence.

He snapped out of his thoughts and smiled softly at you. "I enjoy them too, (Y/N)," he said.

It was a few seconds of silence before he had to go. "I don't ever want to see you get hurt again, doll face," he said to you before walking down your porch, hopping on his bike and riding away with a mixed emotion smile on his face.