White Room

We held hands and walked together. I didnt know where you were taking me but, God I trusted you to lead me down the right path. To not mesh your demons with mine. But God must've been asleep. Or handling another broken soul and giving her the correct key. While I got her faulty ones. You cut me. You gave me tetanus. You my key, led me into a door. Into a room. And locked me in. But that was after we danced. That was after we screamed and shouted. That was after you built me up so high and protected my all. That was before you switched. And I get your growth dont get me wrong. Youre evolving. Youre new. You shut the door. You didnt want to hurt someone who didn't deserve to hurt. But why did you leave? Why didnt you take me. Im alone in this new world and the only time we speak is when your lips and your voice penetrate the mail slot. I need a letter from you. Something. I need the right keys. I need to get out. Take your demon back, and Ill help you. Dont be afraid of me. Stay in this room with me. Stay with us. Stay safe. Keep me warm. You broke me. But you could also put me back together. We can even paint the walls a new colour if youd like. Just please stop abandoning me. I dont like the colour white anymore.