1

Carrie's eyes fluttered open and her hand went straight to the arm wrapped around her. She slowly pushed it off of her, trying not to wake him.

"Hey!" He grunted, smiling. He kissed her bare shoulders while she mentally cursed herself.

"Hey!" She faked a smile and turned her face to kiss his lips.

"What are you doing?" He asked as she pushed the covers off of her.

"Um... Go back to sleep..." Carrie stood up and dressed herself.

"Come back to bed with me!" He smiled.

"I- I can't... I got to go..." Carrie said, picking up her high heels.

"Stay..." He sat up.

"No, I can't... I- Ace, I gotta feed him..." She lied.

"Well, let me make you breakfast first..." He suggested.

"No, I- Thank you, but I really got to go...." Carrie said.

"Come on! You're no good if you collapse from hunger before you feed him... It's like how, when you're on an airplane, you gotta put on your own oxygen mask before your kids. It seems selfish bu-"

"Mike, no..." Carrie sighed.

"Care..." He said in the same way.

"You sleep! I got to get going..." Carrie softly smiled.

"You sure?" He asked, her hand already on the doorknob.

"Yeah... Ok, well... Bye.." She awkwardly said.

Carrie gave herself a hard time on the drive home. All she wanted to to was get home and get back into bed. She opened the door and slammed it, knowing Hunter spent the night at her friend's house.

"You're back!" Edna almost screamed as she sat up from the couch. Edna had been Carrie's neighbor since forever. She loved Carrie like a granddaughter. The sixty year old woman always forgot to mind her own business and she was always up into somebody else's.

"Ohh! God, Edna, you scared me!" Carrie jumped, startled by her presence.

"It's my voice. It frightens the hell out of people. I don't know what to do about it..." Ednasaid. It was true, her voice was raspy, husky and maybe even annoying.

"Oh well, you could start by not hiding out in people's houses and leaping at them when they come home..." Carrie suggested.

"It's the nodules..." EDna said.

"Who?" CArrie asked, confused.

"It's the nodules on my vocal chords. The more I strain my voice, the more they grow. It's nature's way of trying to get me to talk softer." She said, ironically raising her voice as she spoke without even noticing it.

"Edna, one. Nature, nada..." Carrie dropped her purse on the couch.

"I bet you're wondering why I'm here..." EDna said.

"Yeah... Not that I'm not happy to see you.... It's just that I have to get going" Carrie pointed towards the stairs.

"I'm not a sleepwalker"Edna explained.

"No, of course not.." CArrie shook her head.

"Just in case that's what you were thinking..." EDna folded the blanket she was using.

"Cause a lot of people figure me for one. God knows why, I guess I got the look..." She added.

"Well, you didn't sleepwalk, though!" Carrie faked a smile.