[ Rune Factory 4 ] Water Kisses (Leon x Reader)

A/N: UM IM SORRY AGAIN ILL KEEP AGOLOGISING FOR MY INEFFICIENT WORK AND DEADLINES BUT HERE'S ANOTHER X READER! NewMoonGamer I hope this meets your expectations! I sincerely apologise if it's not what you wanted, but I hope it's acceptable!! 

Never once had you ever felt something as soft as this in your entire life. As it fell through your hands and slipped past your fingers, you couldn't hold back the faint gasps of both awe and wonder that unconsciously left your mouth. You didn't know how long the two of you had been sitting there in silence, with nothing but the babble of the river and the chirping of birds making way to your ears, but you could have sat there for hours without getting bored. However, the object you held in your hands was most unlike anything you had felt before, so...

"Hey, hey, (Name) darling, how long are you going to caress my hair like that?"

Looking up from the locks of brilliant teal hair twisted around your fingers, you shifted your sitting position so you could see Leon's face a little better. The man could (obviously) not move his head as his hair was in your hands (quite literally) and the glare of the sun made seeing quite difficult, but you could tell by the tone of Leon's voice that he wasn't mad-- just faintly amused.

"Don't get ahead of yourself, Poochie! I'm not caressing it... It feels more like I'm stroking a beloved dog, y'know! Especially since you've got ears~" You laughed to yourself as you reached up and patted down on the fox ears that unnaturally came up from his head.

"First of all, I'm not a dog-- I'm a man with a fox motif. Second of all, what's with the name 'Poochie'? I thought we agreed on calling me 'Leo', if you want to be affectionate. Third of all, don't patronise me! It's embarrassing!" Leon huffed, crossing his arms.

From behind him, you laughed once more. "Aww, I'm sorry, Leo-Leo! Don't get mad, alright? You're just fun to tease~"

He sighed, exasperated. "And I thought I was the one who liked making fun of people. It's no wonder you're my girlfriend. Only a fool like me would end up getting stuck with a girl like you for the rest of his life..."

"And by that you mean, 'Only a lucky man like me would end up being blessed with a girl like you for his future wife', right?" You hummed, running your hands through his hair again, "You're such a tsundere, Leo-Leo."

Leon only shook his head after mumbling a flustered 'I-I'm not...' before going back to his fishing. It was a lazy Wednesday afternoon and times were relatively calm, so it was only natural that there was nothing left to do but laze around the river. Leon usually dropped by the river every morning, but you were often preoccupied with your royal duties so finding time to drop by was quite the challenge. The teal-haired male seemed to appreciate your presence next to him, and you too were determined to keep it that way.

You breathed out, looking at the hair you held in your hands. Leon usually kept his hair left loose under that bandanna of his, so it was normal that seeing it styled nicely or even tied up wasn't something you were accustomed to. But now that you had full control of how his hair would be styled up... A lightbulb flashed in your head, and with your heart pounding excitedly in your chest, you quickly set to work with a plan spinning in your mind.

******

Leon couldn't possibly have counted how much time had passed since the start of the morning, but there if there was one thing he knew for sure, it was that he'd been sitting in the same spot for so long that his limbs had already stiffened up. His knees were killing him and his back was in desperate need of a stretch, but he could feel his hair tugging gently on the back of his scalp.