Part one

"Elle Fenton! Are you awake yet?" my mother called out from downstairs.

I slowly opened my eyes and groaned. It was finally the day.

"Elle!!" my mum yelled out even louder then the first time which almost caused me to fall out of bed.

"okay mum! I heard you the first time...jeez" I yelled out back to her.

I sat up and looked around what was soon to be my old room, I looked at the packed boxes and crates.

"Elle?" my mother said as she gently knocked on my door causing it to open it slightly.

"yes mum?" I asked with a smile

"you should start getting ready. It's 8.00 and you flight leaves at 11.00" She said while trying to pull a small smile.

I could tell this was weighing heavy on her

"sure mum" I said with a reassuring smile that was trying to tell her everything was going to be okay. But I know it's not.

She nodded once and then left my room.

I slowly stood up and walked over to my closet. I picked out the only outfit I had that wasn't packed away in bags or boxes. It was a nice pair of denim jeans, my favourite t-shirt with the words 'I'm just another monster' written across it, a cardigan and a pair of converse.

I slowly walked over to the shower and hopped in.

I thought about what was happening.

I was just hours away from being went all the way to Atlanta (America) from Sydney (Australia) to go live with my dad who I have never met before.

Okay so here's the deal. My mum and I live in a big beach house on Bondi. We've lived here since I was 9. And if you're wondering no were not rich. And now mum thinks its bad for me to live here. It's dangerous for me.

Okay I have done some bad things in the past. I have got In trouble with the police and ruined people's lives. I didn't try and ruin their lives intentionally, it kinda just happened. And now there out for revenge.

So she told me about Ben.

Ben is my biological father.

He left mum to care for me 7 months before I was born to go have fun and live a good life.

My mum was only 17 when she had me. Ben was 18. He left her to care for me all by herself just so he could live the life he wanted.

Messed up right?

And now mum wants me to go and live with him because she thinks it's safer for me. She said I can come back in a year or so until everyone calms down and gets on with their lives.

And I don't even get a say in this.

So unfair.

"Elle?" my mother called out.

"yeah mum?" I replied.

"you've been in there for over an hour, is everything alright?" she called out, her voice hoarse from crying.

It almost makes me want to start crying too.

"Elle?" my mums voice called out again, pulling me back into reality.

"Oh yeah mum, everything's fine, I'm coming out now" I said as turned off the water.

"Okay hunny, please hurry! I don't want you to be late for your flight"
My mum called out.

I grabbed a towel and quickly dried off , slipped into my nice clean clothes, quickly put my makeup on and went back to my bedroom.

"Elle" My mum whispered as she quietly walked into my room.