Day 16

Mackenzie's POV:

Kenzie, you need to wake up, don't follow me. Logan loves you a lot. You have a family that's willing to take care of you. Yes our father was a jerk. But the police have him. Fight with everything you have left. Marissa tells me, after I try to leave with her. "But I don't want to, I want to stay with you."
"Well, you're going to miss out on more times like these" she says, handing me a stack of photos.  One is a man holding a small dog.

The next is the same man, and I with a short man. Finally, I finish the stack and feel tears falling from my eyes. That's who he is, that guy is my dad, THAT'S LOGAN!

"Are you ready to go back now?"

I take a minute to answer

"Yes"  I say bluntly.

"I'll miss you baby sis, but I'll forever be with you." She says, and we hug, both crying. She guides me to the outside of a long white tunnel. "Just keep walking" she says, ushering me in. "Don't give up" she says, while I walk into the approaching brightness.
************************************

My eyes open, and I'm in some sort of hospital room. Nobody's in here but me. But there WAS someone here, the folding couch near my bed is pulled out, and the blankets are astray. Then, I hear voices from outside my room. "How's it going doc?"  "She should be awake sometime today." Who are they talking about? A man in a lab coat walks in, "Oh, you're awake" he says, surprised. I just stare at him. Another man, with blonde hair walks in. "Mackenzie! You're awake" he yells, running towards me. "Get off of me" I say, while the man continues to hug  me. "Doctor! Help! Get this man off me" I scream. "Wait! No! You're serious!?" The man says, getting off of me. "Tell me you're joking" the man says to me. He looks really sad, meh. "Do you remember you're name at all?" The doctor asks. "Yeah, I'm Mackenzie Brown" the blonde dude looks even more upset now. "Age?" The doctor asks again. "10" I say. "I have a question" I say. "What is it?" The man asks. "Where's Ms. Neg?"  The blonde guy sighs and sits down on the bed. "Mack, do you remember me at all?" He asks. "Don't you DARE ever call me that again, or I'll beat your ass". "Aye, language" he says. "English" I respond. This guy really likes testing me. "When can I get outta here Doc?" I ask, fed up with this place already. "When you're better" he responds bluntly.  "But I'm fine" I look down to see my arm in a cast. I start to try and pull the needles out of my arms. Apparently, the blonde guy notices and runs towards me. "What the hell was that for!?" I ask, as he pulls my hand away. "Don't play with the wires" him, and the doctor say simultaneously. "I'mma go back to sleep now" I say, shutting my eyes.

Logan's POV:

I can't believe that Mackenzie doesn't remember me. She's acting like a 10 year old again. She was SASSY. I wonder why she changed. She's asleep now, so I decide to take a nap.

Mackenzie's POV:

"Hey, Mack, I'm gonna help you out a little. That guy in your room is Logan, he's your adopted father. Your 14 now, and you lost your memory. He really loves you, almost as much as I do. Please remember him." Marissa pleads. Everything starts rushing back to my memory.
************************************

I wake up from my nap, to see Dad lying on his little pull-out couch, with tears coming down his eyes. "Pss, Dad, Logan, Paul" he's still asleep. "Jake Paulers are better than the Logang." I say, and that does the trick, he's up faster than anything. "Oh, uh, hey Mackenzie" he says. What did I say when I lost my memory? He's acting so weird. "Hi Dad" I say. "H-hey, you're back to normal?". "I guess, other than this broken arm"  "Yeah, that kinda sucks I guess, but I'm glad you didn't end up with more damage.". "Me Too, but it's cold in here"  "Wanna blanket?" He asks, ready to call the nurse. "No, they're too scratchy" "Then what?". "Can you lay here with me?". "Are you sure Kenz?". "Yeah"."Okay then, one blonde choch on its way." He says, walking over to my bed, while I move over to make room. We fit easily, because I was given one of the larger beds. "You know, you were a very sassy 10 year old" he says. Damnit, I forgot four years of my life. "That was one of the worse years, I guess, but I've changed since then."  "You definitely did" "By the way, Jake and team 10 came to see you a few times in the past four days." He continues. "Oh, okay" I say, not wanting to talk anymore. I take the TV remote, and turn on the TV. "There's Netflix too" dad says, realizing that I don't want to talk anymore. "Whoa, really!?" I say stunned. This is a really fancy hospital. "Oh, yeah, they transported you back here to L.A by helicopter." He continues. "Whoa, why?"  I ask baffled at the fact that I didn't wake up. "They have more advanced technology here." He says, and shrugs his shoulders. "Oh" I say, going through the Netflix lists. I land on Riverdale, and we watch a few episodes, until the nurse brings in dinner. Dad and I share a plate, until another nurse brings in a extra set of food for Dad. Then, I get ice cream, and fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hehe, (Luigi voice) I'm back. I want to thank camila_juleidy, for all the amazing texts, and ideas you gave me. I also want to thank KaitlynN23476 for the ideas you gave me. If you guys want to give me suggestions or ideas for any future chapters, just let me know. I skipped a few days, because Mackenzie was in a coma then, so the title isn't a typo.

💙💜 Keilah 💜💙

Shake head,shake head,shake head