[one]

"I did what I had to do"

-

"A-Eye is the new eye"

The monotone voice projected from the speakers in a patronising way – they know it hurts us, hearing the same dialogue every hour. They know that we hurt because of it, because we know we could have a new 'A-Eye' one day. Any day. It depends whose good books you're in.

"Integrate today"

That's the thing. We could integrate today; we could get this over and done with, but we don't. We choose to sit here among the flourishing flowers and see the brave few walk out of this place with no fears. I suppose the only fear there is in this place is the fear itself.

"Into a better-"

I've heard that there's a point in your life where everything is the best it will ever be – the peak of your life – but soon enough you slip over the mountain and come plummeting back down to the reality that life sucks. I don't think I've had my peak yet, everything has just gone downhill. My childhood wasn't terrible. My parents were...my parents. I did what I had to do, even if it was against everything I have learnt my entire life, but hey, it'll get better, right?

"Fuller-"

I look over to the window, the only one left. It had been bricked off behind to stop influencing the idea of suicide, though it's quite a tempting thought. With the dark backing to this glass barrier, you can't see through it, but from it. I see a girl - a girl who fits in better with the real world rather than in this facility. A girl who should have an endless supply of the prettiest clothing instead of the petty excuse for a dress. A girl who would wash her long locks every night and let it grow past her waist, though she can barely wash her hands, let alone her hair, here. I see a girl, pleading for help; a girl who wished she had known who she was and what she wanted. A girl who is-

"-You"

Me.

Shadows crept up the walls as people walked down the hall, circling the empty room I had been placed in as punishment for my doings this morning – this place isn't new at all, it's the same room I seem to fall into every other day. The walls have become boring to look at, so instead I trailed my finger along in the dust that had gathered on the floor since my last visit. I drew big swirls, curving my finger tip in directions to create longer and thicker lines and more detail.

I carried on drawing in the dust despite the three figures that loomed over me. I had heard them come in, their feet slightly dragging along behind them as well as the mechanical noises that quietly occurred at random times, a small side effect of the integration. It was a while before one of the Captors addressed me, but I carried on drawing, not wanting to hear anything they've got to say. I wasn't interested, so I didn't bother.

"Oh little Luc" the main Captor sparked, a wire creating a scratching sound as 'she' spoke. It made me cringe – it's never been on my to-do list to be integrated. I looked up at the Captor, a woman-like figure with short, white hair stood tall, accompanied another woman as well as a stern looking male. They looked down at me, it was threatening.

"Always such a trouble maker" I rose at this, holding onto the bars that separated me from them. I held the metal tight as I balanced my forehead against another bar – it was cool against my skin. My hair lifted slightly at the air that brushed through it due to the sudden movement, and it pushed the knitted head scalf slightly off my head but it was tightly wrapped around my neck, keeping it secure. I looked back up at the Captor, her disturbing eyes staring straight through me. I squinted at her slightly and pushed off the bars a little.

"Tomorrow is your big day" She spoke plain, but you could sense the delight she had. Another Natural to add to the Integrated Society that had become the world.

"She doesn't want to integrate" The 'man' spoke, his face not moving but just his lips. It was as if he was dead. He wasn't dead, his soul was, but he was alive enough to hold a bottle of suspicious substance and a measuring spoon to please the main Captor.

"Why, Luc?" I paced around the confined space in thought. "You don't want to transition into your better self?"

"You have such potential" The blonde female spoke again, finishing the other woman. The middle lady had a look to her, something that put me off. I didn't like it.

"I wanna leave this place" I pushed against the cage, gripping onto the bars like it would have any effect against these robots. Instead of a reaction, the middle woman snapped her fingers, cutting me off. A blue latex glove covered her hand, it tightened around her fingers as she kept the position that her fingers were in. Her face straight, with no emotion at all, stared back at me.

"There's nowhere to go from here. Nothing left" She stopped, looking at me for a second longer before looking down at my feet. I suddenly felt very unconformable. I slipped my foot slightly behind my other, attempting to move the ballet shoes out of sight but I failed. They all knew what I had on my feet, but I didn't want them to, so they didn't.

"You'll dance again" The brunette stated, looked up at me with a smirk in her eyes. I down to my feet, the white socks that have turned a slight grey colour gripped my legs a little too tight, but I didn't care. My feet almost bulged from the broken strap that would usually sit across your foot, two frayed strings held together the fabric that were my shoes instead.

I could dance again...

I looked up again, a slight bit of hope dancing in my heart. That feeling was soon dimmed by the intense stares that came from the three.

Another door opened and a few footsteps came into the room. I didn't turn; I didn't want to know who was there. It wouldn't be anyone special, just another Captor. Another damn Captor.

"Azul will get you ready for tomorrow" I did look back this time, to find the coloured boy who had such a peculiar name. He stood with care, her pristine clothing untouched by dirt and freshly washed hair bounced with every movement as it was so light, and fluffy, and clean.

"You will be friends" I could hear the smile in the woman's voice as the young boy stood back and stared at me. He seemed nice enough, but you can't trust anyone these days - especially not an A.I. construct.

-

Don't be expecting greatness from this, I'm no Picasso

Updates every 5 days or so? I have a severe case procrastination so will be slow

Thanks for getting this far x

- L