Ch. 5

Percy POV

It's been a few weeks since the party, and a lot had happened.

Annabeth and I were dating. Athena and I became partners in fighting crime. It's all been really great.

I had a good thing going, but then shit happened. My life became a wreck.

Annabeth left.

Piper said her parents needed her back home because there was a family emergency. She didn't know when she would be back.

Piper gave me a note Annabeth left. It said:

Sorry, Percy. I love you. Don't wait for me.

What does that mean?!

I love you?! Don't wait for me?!

She told me she loved me and broke up with me in the same, stupid, tinY NOTE!!!

So instead of dealing with my confused feelings, I avoided them by beating up criminals. It's worked so far.

Annabeth POV

One week ago I made a really bad mistake.

I was heading home after going out with Percy when the police called and told me they got a lead on Titan. It was small and not very reliable, but I decided to follow it up alone. Long story short. I ended up finding Titan, but he caught me and found out my identity. I escaped, but knew I had to have Annabeth Chase disappear so my friends would be safe. I couldn't have Titan use them against me.

Piper's dad is loaded so she loaned me enough money to rent an apartment far from campus where I could live until I brought down Titan. 

The worst part is I can't see Percy anymore. I had to leave him a pathetic little note that probably made him hate me forever. Nice one, Annabeth.

"Are you ok?"

I looked up to see Aqua-Boy staring at me.

Oh, did I mention that I think I like Aqua-Boy? He's hot, funny, kind, strong, etc. The only problem was I was still in love with Percy. Why are feelings so confusing?

I sighed. "I'd be better if we caught Titan."

Aqua-boy sat down next to me, our feet dangling off the rooftop. "Don't worry. I think we made some really good progress today. We'll catch him soon."

He gave me a little smile that made my heart flutter. I started blushing and asked, "So what are you doing tonight?"

He leaned back and groaned. "Math homework." I laughed as he fake gagged.

"Math can be fun if you think of it as a puzzle," I said. "If you like solving puzzles."

Aqua-boy chuckled. "You sound like my girlfri-" He frowned and finished quietly, "My friend."

I felt a flicker of jealousy at the word he started to say. Girlfriend. Of course, he's taken. He seemed sad about it though. I was about to ask what was wrong when he quickly got up and said, "I should go home. See ya tomorrow."