Ch. 9

Percy POV

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this store closed? How about you stop what you're doing, and come back during the day and pay for these items?"

The two robbers looked at me, grabbed what they had and bolted out the back. I sighed and followed them.

"Aww did I scare you guys? I'm just trying to be friendly!"

I chased them out the back entrance into an alley. A van was waiting on the connecting street with another guy ready to go behind the wheel.

"Open the door!" One of the robbers yelled at the man in the van.

Suddenly a person landed on the hood of the van, and I smiled. Before the driver could react, my partner reached in through the open window of the van and knocked out the driver. I shot a jet of water at the original two robbers, and both of them slammed into the ground. My partner and I reached them at the same time, and we tied them up together. Sirens started blaring nearby, quickly coming closer.

"That's our cue to ride a wave outta here. Hold on tight!"

My stunningly beautiful and amazing partner hung on to me as I shot us out of the alley onto a nearby rooftop. We watched the cops arrive on the scene and apprehend the criminals.

Athena and I looked at each other and shared a sad smile.

"I guess this is it, huh?" I said.

Athena nodded. "I think I might actually miss Aquaboy, bad puns and all."

"Aww, my puns aren't that bad! You're trying to make me feel bad on porpoise." I pouted playfully.

Athena laughed. "You're lucky you're cute."

We gave each other one last hug. "I'm really gonna miss fighting crime with you." I said quietly.

We pulled away and looked at each other.

"Goodbye, Aquaboy."

"Sea ya, Athena"

And that was the last I saw of Athena.

Annabeth POV

"I can't believe you actually are done being a superhero. What are you going to do with all this extra time?" Piper said to me. We were hanging out in my apartment, celebrating my retirement.

I smiled. "Sleep."

Piper rolled her eyes. "I mean, you're not wrong, but you're graduating from college! You have that awesome new job at the architecture firm, too. And what about your love life? With Aquaboy out of the picture—" Piper's phone went off. "Shoot, I gotta go! I'm so sorry, Annabeth. Promise me we'll finish celebrating tomorrow, ok?"

"Yes, of course. I'll text you."

Piper ran out the door, leaving me alone in my apartment.

SLAM! "UNGH!" BANG!

I dashed into my bedroom to see Percy on the floor next to the window.

I smirked and leaned against the doorway. "I thought Aquaboy was out of my life for good?"

Percy sat up, rubbing his head. "I just wanted to enter through the window one last time. I always liked that part."

I sat down on the bed pulling Percy up next to me. "Well, we're both retired now. So that means entering building like normal people."

Percy laughed. "We also get to sleep like normal people, too. Umm, on a more serious note, I want to make sure we have an understanding."

I gave Percy a puzzled look. "Uh, ok?"

He sighed nervously and continued, "Aquaboy and Athena are our past. We were partners for quite a long time, but now that's over. Now I want a new partnership that will last forever."
Percy slid off the bed and onto a knee in front of me. "Annabeth Chase, you will be my future?"

Percy pulled out a ring from his pocket and was immediately tackled by me. "YES!" After a lot of kissing and laughing, he slid the ring onto my finger.

"To be honest, I was a little worried I lost it after falling in through the window. That would've made this a lot less romantic."

I laughed and hugged him again. "Partners for life?"

Percy chuckled and pulled me closer. "Annabeth, I will stay by your side until the end of time."

The End

Sorry for the rushed ending, but I didn't want to make you guys have to wait any longer. Thank you for reading! -L