Let's run away - part 1

Let's run away

Present time

My forehead was pressed against cool surface of the passenger seat window. I felt the vibrations from the wheels, rolling on the uneven road beneath. The trees were engulfed in the light of the rising sun and rain drops fell ever so lightly to the ground.

People, can you hear me?

Here's a message that i'm sending now

I've got the answer to all your problems.

And tonight i'll be singing it loud.

Just surrender yourself to the rhythm.

With your hands up in the sky.

Feel the energy deep inside your system.

And leave this world behind

The light sound drifted through the car from the radio. A songs lyrics had never been more accurate. I relaxed and my eyes closed as if on their own. I felt myself grow heavier and heavier. Slowly sleep consumed me.

***

Dream

Light fell upon my closed eyelids, waking me up slowly.

I opened them, and closed them swiftly again as the light burned my unused eyes.

This time slower, I opened them and above me was Christian.

He was lying beside me propped up on one elbow smiling down at me.

His smile brought butterflies to roam free in my stomach.

“ Morning beautiful “ He murmured, his voice husky. His plump lips forming a small pout making me want to- Wait what.

I jolted awake, and in the process I hit my head against the window.  I groaned in pain and brought my hand up, rubbing the sore spot on my head.

“ You okay over there? “ Christian asked not taking his eyes of the winding road ahead.

“ Yeah, bad dream that's all “ I assured him, moving around in my seat to find a comfortable spot. ‘ Louise what in the hell was that ‘ I thought to myself. ‘ Christian is just a friend, nothing more. Right? ‘  I mean I’ve known him for 12 years. And I knew he was attractive. Very attractive, but I’ve never known him as anything more than as a friend. Why would that change. ‘ Maybe-’

I cut of all of my thoughts in the matter and found myself glancing over at Christian instead.

I thought I was being discreet, but as he turned and watched me he seemed worried. And then he said“ Louise are you sure you’re fine. Is it something that I’ve done because right now you’re glancing at me. And I know you only do that when I’ve done something wrong or bad. “

“ Your good Christian, don’t worry. “ I said whilst turning against the window once again, watching the trees as we drove past. He nodded and turned his gaze to the road ahead, and I couldn’t help but glance back at him. Watching as his biceps flexed as he steered the car. The way his grey V- neck showed of some chest and how it raised and fell with each breath.

‘No Louise don’t, not now. Go to sleep. ‘

Willing my eyes closed, I relaxed my stance and fell asleep once again. This time a dreamless one.

***

Poke

Poke

Poke