Chapter 25 - Just a little Secret

"1, 2, 3, 4...5...6..." The gun pointed at me. I pleaded to the lord that this was all a dream and I didn't have to die today. But I knew it was real.

I took a deep breath as the thoughts of my past near death experiences came to the front of my mind.

I heard Nathan load the gun with a loud click that echoed through the large warehouse. My eyes were closed but I sensed the gun being raised to my head.

Nathan had his hand on the trigger when all of a sudden Lizzy shouted out "Jodie!"

I opened my eyes and Nathan span around to look at Lizzy. "What did you just say. I was sort of in the middle of something." He complained.

My hands hurt as they were tied up, but as I was beginning to get restless and try to get out, the big, burly guy next to me placed something sharp I my hand. It wasn't their to hurt me. He placed it there with some care and consideration. I looked up at him as he whispered "Good luck Reid." I could tell he was trying to help, and his accent wavered between English and American. I slightly smiled in thanks and he returned the smile.

I began to try and cut through the strong rope that had me hooked to the chair. I listened to what Nathan and Lizzy ha to say.

"Jodie. That was what I was going to call her." Lizzy said.

Nathan snarled. "But you didn't, you just got rid of her. She would have been beautiful. With your sapphire blue eyes and my dark hair. Your flawless and so would she have been" he told her. To be totally honest, I didn't want to admit it, but he could have been right. She was beautiful in every way.

Lizzy looked down and I was so close to cutting through the last few strands of rope. "See you have nothing to say. Your not even man enough to tell everyone that you actually knew me." He shouted.

I stopped cutting and looked up in shock. Wait, what did he just say? they actually knew each other? I had one strand left to cut but didn't continue as he was spinning round and leaning towards me. Nathan could obviously see the shock in my face. "I knew she would not have have the balls to tell anyone."

Lizzy cut in quickly and sharply. "That's because I'm a girl. We don't have balls." Nathan just pulled a board and annoyed face.

"Just shut up Elizabeth." He didn't look at her, just rose his voice louder. He looked deep in to my terrified eyes and spoke "Let me just catch you up on this. Me and Elizabeth were best friends since we were about 5. In year 10 we started going out. We were doing that till her dad died and she was upset so we stopped and I was fine with that. I'm not that much of I phyco. I didn't kill people because of that, don't worry. A few months after my father and uncle were killed by an MI6 agent in Essex. I had no idea why at the time until Lizzy joined the service. I made friends with someone on the inside and got the information about what really happened. I won't say who it was, but he told me that my father and uncle had been wrongly accused of high treason and terrorism in the south of England and across other country's. everyone knew my dad was convicted for killing a 24 year old man when I was 6 but that had nothing to do with that." He began to explain.

"Your wrong!" Lizzy shouted. Nathan span around and slapped her cheek hard.

"You better shut up Elizabeth. I haven't finished my story yet." He tormented.

She just glared at him evilly until she said. "This source had the wrong information then, because I studied this case and I'm sorry Nathan but he was working for a global group." Her voice was calm and steady. There was no hint of fear or lies in it.

"To finish off my story, I was doing some digging and your mother Lizzy is alive. She was the woman that shot my father." There was a huge paws of silence. Longer than first expected.

Lizzy could hardly get a word out but Nathan was now looking her square in the face and I knew it was now or never. I wasn't sure how I would proceed after getting out of the rope that strapped me in but I guess I do work better under intense pressure.

I cut through the final, small strand and got my arms free. The rope fell to the floor and I stood up quickly. I snatched the gun from Nathan's louse hand as he was not expecting me to get free.

"Now now Dr. Don't be to hasty. This was a dispute only Lizzy and I should have been involved in." He said holding his hands up high.

"Yes but then you got the BAU involved. And for future reference, don't ever get us involved because we will find you and you will have no place to hide." I threatened.

I got some cuffs out of my pocket. I had 'borrowed' them from Morgan earlier. As I held them up he span round for me to secure them when Lizzy shouted. "SPENCE!!!!!!!!" I spun round and a bi metal thing that could have been a fire extinguished knocked me out. That's when it all went black.