Chapter 5 - first chapter of the new version of the book

Cristiano's POV

I drove around looking for her. I had dozed off and when I awoke Amber was no where to be found in my house. So I called Gareth, thinking maybe she was there: Nope! " Âmbar! Onde você está?!" (Amber! Where are you?!) I said to myself, as I passed the heart of Madrid. The Bernabeu, I thought 'what if?' So I pulled into the car park. grabbing my access key from the glove box. After walking the whole Santiago I headed to the pitch. And there she was. "Amber!" I yelled at her. No response. She had her headphones in and couldn't hear me. She had a football with her. Juggling, volleying, and actually making rainbow after rainbow. I walked out to the center of the pitch, close to where she was. I hugged her from behind, scaring her. Thus causing her to thrust on elbow into my stomach. 

"What the hell, Cristiano?" she turned around and looked at me like I was crazy. "Are you insane? Idiota! I came here to get away from you and Gareth, and the pity! I hate all you that and i thought you had enough brains to realize that, especially because you know me better than Gareth! Please you know I'm safe, now leave." She almost spat those last two works, as if they were poison in her mouth.

'You know I'm not leaving, plus at the moment your braking the law. So you may want me here." I told her. "Hey, look at me." I turned her face so she was staring me in the eye. "Do you want to talk, or maybe play a bit. That may help." I stated concerned for her well being. Anyone with a brain could tell that I cared deeply for the person standing in front of me, I always have.

"Fine I'll play  you around first one to conceive 3 wins. Ball starts at center, we start at our goal posts. Got it?'' I nodded, as I grabbed the ball and placed it at the center mark. I walked back to the twelve year line and turned back. She has walked to the same spot on the pitch. "Ready?'' I gave her a thumbs up, ''GO!" She yelled. We raced to the ball, not showing any form of regret, sympathy or weakness. She -being lighter than me- reached the ball first. A bad thing for me as I'm not the greatest at tackling. I did my best and chased after her, keeping a steady pace. This gave me the advantage, as my mind was calmer and I could think things through a bit more. Seeing an opening I went for it, and gained possession.  Pushing it forward. I cleared the half mark,  and kept dribbling. Amber came sprinting past and stood in net. She had always been either a striker or a goal keeper. I volleyed the ball, and let it fly. The back of the net bulged as the ball slipped through Amber's grasp. 

"GGGGGGGOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLL!!!!!" I chanted. One mil. She just rolled her brown eyes, and grabbed the ball. I walked to the half the she stayed at the 18 yard box, with the ball at her feet. She came at me with the ball. She passed me, and within a blink of an eye she had the ball sailing through the air, she was maybe thirty-five yards away from the goal. The ball went straight into the left-hand top corner. Damn! "Damn! Okay, I'll give you that. But I will get my lead back,"

"Sure you will, hotshot,'' She looked at me like I was crazy.

"Oh, so you think I'm hot now, do you?'' 

''I never said that! Lets just get on with this,'' she said with a small, but noticeable, blush.

I slowly carried the ball up, adding so footwork here and there. "And Ronaldo strikes again!" 

"Oh shut up, It's to three not two!" she teased. I have to say if I was her I would be pissed if someone scored twice one me. 

 "Okay than, lets just get on with it now. Put the ball down and let me score." I said cockily, with a smirk and a wink.

"You wish pretty boy!" she set the ball down, and motioned for me to shoo. So I huffed and  rolled my eyes. I walked to half, and she started up. I met her  at about a 1/4 of the pitch away from her goal post.  Attacking aggressively, holding nothing back. I hooked my foot so it was right under the ball, but in the air enough to trip Amber up. She fell behind and I rushed it, and just taped the ball, goal! I kept quite on this one. Watching to she would do, all she did was lie down on the ground. So, I walked up and lied beside her.

She sat up and moved toward my torso, and positioned herself so she was sitting atop my abdomen. "What does the victor wish for his prize to be?'' she asked, and to be honest I knew what I wanted. Though I could never have it, not like I wanted it.

"Love." Was all I managed to croak out, before I continued. "But not just love from anyone, from someone I have missed since I was a small child. The little girl who lived down the street from me in Portugal, but she was put up for adoption, and I never saw her again. Until a year ago, I just didn't know it was her. But she would never love me like I love her." I said, and she missed every implication. 

"Well what's her name? What does she look like?" she asked me.

"Her name was Amber De Sousa, but now its Amber Bale. And she is the most beautiful girl I have every seen, with long brown hair, beautiful brown eyes that are sometimes green, and she has the power to turn every mans head that she walks by. Even her adopted brother, Gareth." I said, pulling her chin so she was looking me in the eyes. 

"Wait, what? I was adopted? You knew and you didn't tell me?!" she screamed, and pounded me chest. So I rolled over to she couldn't kick, run, or hit me anymore.

"Yes, I knew. But so did Gareth, and the rest of the team! Don't just get mad at me.'' I said, worried that I just poured my heart out and she just rejected me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So this was 1106 words. 

I hoped you like the new chapter, let me know what you think!