one

slowly i opened my eyes as the alarm started blaring directly next to my ear. i groaned, hitting the snooze button to turn it off. 

thinking about it... why do i have to go to school?

i took a quick shower and got dressed. i walked downstairs into the kitchen and prepared a bowl of cereal. just as i was about to put a spoon full of cereal in my mouth i felt my phone buzzing in my pocket. i took it out and gulped as i read the senders name.

from dad; send 6:34, recieved 6:47 

i hope you've dont your chores when i come back from work

shivers went down my spine at the pure thought of my dad. he's been such a caring person once. but then my mum died in a car accident seven years ago. he changed. he became angry, violent, bitter. eventually, he started beating me up every night when he would come home drunk after work. and now, six years after it started, he'd still beat me up.

i looked down at my cereal. maybe i shouldn't eat today. you're already fat enough.

i got up, grabbed my backpack which was leaning against the wall near the door and looked into the mirror one last time.

but all i saw was a shy, antisocial, fat, ugly and worthless waste of air. nothing you'd ever need.  or want...

soon i arrived at school, recieving strange looks from the other kids. "ugh becky, look at that dumb emo kid" and "he's such a freak" were just some of the nicer things i could hear.

i entered the building and went straight for the office. well, if you don't count the ten minutes it took me to find it. "good morning sweetheart. how can i help you?" the lady at the front desk asked me smiling.

"o-oh umm, h-hey. i'm um... i'm new here." she nodded, grabbing a few sheets of paper. "you're tyler ellis, right?"

"o-only ty please" she gave me a reassuring smile as she handed me the papers. "okay then ty. here's your locker key and your schedule. there's also a list of all the extracurricular activities and other stuff you might need. your home room is 162, your first period is also there. if you should need anything else, just let me know." i nodded. "thank you!" i gave her a small smile. 

"you're welcome." she smiled at me again and i left the office, making my way to first period. 

as i entered the room, everyones eyes shot up to me. walking through the rows i was followed by their piercing looks and i sat in the corner, as far away from anyone else as possible.

soon enough the teacher walked in, a short woman with black hair in her mid-thirthies. a bright smile was plastered on her face as she gazed around the class in exitement.

"good morning everyone! as you can already tell by now, we have a new student in our class." oh god please no... "tyler, why dont you come to the front and introduce yourself to the class?" shit no. can i kill myself first? great, thank you.

her smile grew even wider, which i didn't think was even possible, as i made my way to the front. i stood there awkwardly as silence filled the room. "um h-hey, im ty and im seventeen years old. i recently moved in town with my dad." i gave the teacher a weak smile and basically ran back to my seat.

i sighed, leaning against the wall. well this went great... i really hate speaking in front of many people, especially if i dont know them. basically i hate people in general. so i started doodling random things on my notepad when i felt someone intensely staring at me.

i tried to ignore them, but i felt like that person wanted to practically impale me. getting the courage to finally look up, i searched the room for that certain someone until my eyes landed on a pair of hazel ones. the guy quickly looked away, leaving me staring at the back of his head in confusion.

i tried to concentrate on the stuff the teacher was saying, but my mind was somewhere in lala-land. noticing i've been drawing the whole time i looked down at the paper. my jaw dropped in disbelieve as i stared down at rough scetches of this guy...

~

so hi, good evening/morning/day. again, sorry about the delay. second chapter will be up tomorrow as i don't have time to copy it right now. sorry.

hope you enjoy this short thingy!

- Alex