One

"Please? Please come with me? You'll have fun, I promise!"

     My best friend, Ky, is giving me his best puppy dog face, begging me to go with him to K-Con. I roll over on my bed, throwing my arm over my face, "But you know how much I hate crowds. It's so uncomfortable for me." Ky crawls onto my bed, grabs my hand, and pulls my arm away from my face, forcing me to look at him, "But you'll be with me! All your faves will be there. . . Including your Bangtan Boys. . ." Truth is, I absolutely love Kpop. I fangirl like crazy around friends and even more in the privacy of my own home. I really do want to go because I know K-Con will be amazing but I know I won't be able to enjoy it while in a room full of people. It makes me feel uncomfortable and claustrophobic. The more I think of it, the more anxiety I feel. It's the downfall of being an introvert but in the end, I give in anyway. I always do when it comes to Ky.

     I wait in line at K-Con and there is already a massive crowd formed in front of the doors. Security guards stand about trying to get everyone to form lines but the excitement is too much and no one is listening. Ky brought along two other friends of his that I've only met once before. I say a couple of polite "hellos" but I'm already starting to feel awkward so I put one earbud in and start playing my favorite playlist. 40 minutes go by and the doors finally open. Everyone starts making their way inside and I grab onto Ky so we don't get separated. Walking through the doors, the scene slightly takes me aback. I knew it was going to be a big event but there were thousands of people walking around in all directions. There are dozens of merch and food stands set up everywhere, life-sized cardboard cutouts of famous Kpop groups, and tons of rooms set up with meet and greets and live panels for idols. I'm mostly here for the BTS panel since they will be promoting their newest album and answering fan questions but the schedule says they are not on for another three hours.

     The rooms are already filled to capacity so we all decide to check out the stands while waiting. Over two hours goes by and we just left the Got7 Meet and Greet. We're having fun but I feel overstimulated with people, "Ky, I'll be back. I just need some air." Walking out of the main event hall, I decide to explore the building a bit. I walk down a few corridors and secretly hope I don't get myself lost. I find an exit that seems to lead to an indoor courtyard and quietly open the door. There is a beautiful garden with small trees and hedges that line different pathways. I find a shady spot behind a hedge, lay down on the patch of grass, and with both earbuds in, I close my eyes and drift into my own world.

     I suddenly get the feeling that someone is watching me. I slowly open one eye and find someone standing right over me, inches from my face. With a startled gasp, I instantly sit up, accidentally bumping their head. A thunderous shock of pain rips through my head. I press my hand against my forehead in pain as I hear them speaking in Korean. It sounds like they're cursing me to hell and I think I catch the word "idiot". His back is turned and I didn't get a good look at his face but he sounds young. "What kind of creep just stands over someone's face?! What the hell's wrong with you?!" I yell. I begin getting up from the grass to leave but he starts yelling back at me, "There's a building filled with thousands of people and I find a woman lying unconscious in an empty room, hidden behind a bush! I was checking to see if you were alive! I should've just poked you with a stick like I was going to. I just wanted some peace and quiet, and maybe a nap. I didn't come here for this shit." I finally look back at him, prepared to argue about the stick when I feel all color drain from my face. He's staring back at me and he's even more handsome in person. Beautiful, even. My head is spinning but I am suddenly unsure if it's from the soon-to-be bruise on my forehead or his cat-like eyes staring right back at me, "M-Min Yoongi?" The last person I ever expected to come across like this is a member from BTS, much less get into an argument with SUGA. I'm so caught off guard, I don't know what to say. Yoongi rolls his eyes at me with a scoff, "Oh, now you keep quiet." His comment reminds me that I'm pissed, "You know, for being an idol, you're kind of a jerk." Trying to keep cool, I swiftly push past him and walk away, all the while wondering how my heart could possibly be beating so fast.