9

Alex had spent the past two days holed up in his room, rotting away. His phone recieved a text.
'Alex!' It was Michelle. 'Come to Emily's house! Now!' She sounded...urgent, or maybe she was excited? Alex's mind practically couldn't function properly at that point. It was a phone call from Carol that finally woke him up. "Alex! Please! Just get to Emily's house! She tried to commit suicide!" That instant he dashed out the door and rolled down the steps. He hopped on his bike and pedalled as fast as his legs would allow him. His phone rang twice, thrice, four times on his way, each urging him to arrive faster.
        The door was open. Nothing seemed out of place, until he reached Emily's room. Everyone was gathered there; his sister, Michelle, Carol and Emily, several cuts on her arms. They were fresh, still bloody. Lying on the ground just three inches beside her fainted body were two cutters; their blades tainted red. On the walls were framed pictures of Alex and..Devina. Countless of them, some going back up to 4 years ago. She'd been taking notes of Devina's behaviour and outfits. There were also pictures of Rojan, other boys he couldn't recognise, and a single picture of Emily and Jasmin taken all the way back 5 years ago.
        "She was like this when we arrived," Michelle told him.
        "We just came to check on her, I swear we never touched her!" Carol was terrified of what lay before her, for good reason.
         "This is all because of me.." Alex said in horror and guilt. "If I'd just--"
         "No!" Jasmin boomed. She was crying as if the world was ending. "This is all because of me. Everyone please just leave. Let me take care of her."
         "But her parents..?" Michelle asked
         "They died in an accident nine years ago," Jasmin shot back. "Leave. Please. I'm sorry for the suffering I've caused you and Carol, but Alex, please leave."
          The three others exchanged glances and reluctantly nodded in agreement. "She'll be fine, I promise," Jasmin managed a weak, yet assuring smile as the rest made their way out.