chapter one

____

On the warm day of July 28th, 1995, a baby boy was born. He was small for even a new infant; just 5 pounds one ounce. The second he was born in Birmingham, his mother's world was warm again after a troubled beginning. The boys sister brought happiness to his mother too, but her son was different; he radiates light and goodness.

He didn't cry when he first breathed air, nor did he after being cleaned and swabbed. He only cried when he his little stomach wasn't full. He was a simple baby and everyone knew it.

They always said he was the prettiest boy.

From the second those big brown eyes opened for the first time, everyone knew he would be. His smile could light up any dreary day and childish giggle could melt away nearly any pain. He was an angel, truly. A pure, beautiful gift from God.

The hospital nurses always adored the little one, becoming attached due to him during his long stay in the hospital nursery. His little lungs had trouble with oxygenation due to the early delivery. But that didn't stop him from being happy all the time. He seemed to enjoy the hospital surroundings. He loved a specific nurse named Jeanie, always staring at her and laughing when she held him till he slept.

Jeanie Murphy was a sixty seven year old maternity nurse who took the job due to her being unable to conceive a child. She secretly considered the boy her son, and cried for an hour in the staff bathroom when he was allowed to go home after three months.

The boy was truly the light of anyone's life.

Anne and Derek Simpson named their little boy Bradley William Simpson.

___

SURPRISE MY LOVES.

A PREQUEL TO OFIM. ITS GONNA BE INTENSE YALLLL

LOVE YA
-Rose