Chapter 3

~Maia's POV~

"Mum! What did you just do?" I was so mad right now. She just came back into my room from the hallway. I could tell she was talking to someone but I'm not sure who, all I know is that she was using my phone.

"Sweetheart he deserves to know" What? Who is she talking about?

"What are you talking about mum? Who deserves to know?" she gives me a small, sad smile. That doesn't cheer me up at all. And who deserves to know what? All I know is that I deserve to know what's going on with MY body. The doctors won't tell me anything and whenever I ask my mum she always says "Nothing Maia, its nothing really"

But I know that it is something. I want to and am going to find out what this something is.

~30 minutes later~

Why is everyone just so quite around me now? The doctors won't tell me anything, my mum and dad won't talk to me because when they do they just start crying, my brother isn't even aloud in my room, mum had to take him to my aunts house, and the nurses are quite around me and never even try to make a conversation.

I just want to know whats going on! Oh yeah, and I still don't know who's coming and what they need to know. So yeah, my life right now is great, note the sarcasm.

I'm just so scared, my mum isn't very happy which us not a good sign. My dad on the other hand is a total wreck, which is even worse. I don't know if Charlie knows what's going on but if he does I hope he's doing better than mum and dad.

Let's just hope he is and mum and dad are taking something very small a little to hard. Yeah, let's just think that. Cause in most cases that's what happens with parents, right?

My mum then walks in, wipes her tears with a tissue, and then sits on my bed. I've been in this hospital all day and I've still haven't been out of this room. Mum takes my hands and starts talking.

"Maia, Ross is coming here and you have to tell him"

"Wait, tell him what? Mum, you and dad still haven't told me what's going on"

"Maia-" I couldn't take it anymore, i cut her off.

"No mum! Don't sweet talk me anymore! Please just tell me what's going on!" I pleaded.

"Maia you have cancer"

That just broke me

She just shot it out without any warning whatsoever.

"And you only have three months to live"

"W-what?"

"I'm sorry" she said, and then left. My own mum left me right after telling me I'm about to die. Then to make it worse Ross walked in.

"Maia! Babe why are you in the hospital? What happened? Are you hurt? When are you coming home? Are you sick? Is something wrong? Did someone do something to you? I swear if someone hurt you I will-"

"Ross" I cried "I'm not hurt, no one ever hurt me Ok? But I'm not coming home" I said in a sad tone.

"What do you mean your not coming home?" he asked "Are you moving?" he asked

"Sorta" I said "I am moving, but in a different way" I whispered. I don't have enough strength right now to talk properly, to much is happening.

"W-what do you mean" he stuttered "I thought we were supposed to be forever?"