Chapter 5

~Rydel's POV~

I was talking to Laura on the phone when I heard the door slam.

"Rydel, what was that?"

"I don't know, gotta go Laur, text you later"

"Fine, but you have to tell me what that noise was. Talk to you later, don't tell anyone about this"

"Whatever, first I have to see what it was, bye Laur"

"Bye Delly" Then the line went dead.

I put my phone down on my bed and made my way downstairs. I saw Rocky follow me down, we found Ryland and Riker downstairs staring at the couch. I gave them a confused look and leaned my head over the couch.

There I saw my little brother crying his eyes out. His face was stuffed in a pillow, muffling his little screams.

I think back to the last time I saw saw him, which was this morning. He told me he was going to the hospital to see..... Maia

Oh no

I walk towards him, sitting on the floor next to the couch. I run my hand through his hair, I know that calms him down sometimes, but this time I only got more screams in return.

I flinched every time he would scream, Ryland went to go get Brandon and Savanna. Rocky went to go get Alexa, and Riker went upstairs to go call mom and dad.

I stayed here with Ross trying to cheer him up, but I can't do that very well not knowing what happened. But obviously its something bad, I've never seen Ross cry so much. The only time that he's ever cried this much is when Laura moved away. But even then he didn't cry this much.

Oh man, this must be bad. But he was only in the hospital, what could happen there that's bad?

Wait a minute, just had a blond moment....

But it doesn't add up, the doctors said Maia could still live for a few more months and nobody else that we know is in the hospital. So that means it must be Maia, poor Ross.

"Ross, are you Ok?" I asked

"I dmsk wksnd tldbdk"

Ok, that made no sense what so ever. "Ross, what was that? Take your head out of the pillow, I can't hear you"

He then lifts his head up and I see the tear stains in his face, his puffy red eyes, and his face isn't even able to be titled. Its so sad that its like he just saw his puppy being run over.

"I said I d-don't wanna t-talk ab-bout it" he stuttered. He's been crying so much that he can't speak properly.

"Aw, Ross please don't cry. Just tell me what's going on" I said softly

His eyes then filled with more tears, and then they all fell out like a waterfall.

"M-maia, sh-she's g-gone" he said, stuttering even more. But this time, Ross wasn't the only one crying. I was too, and can you blame me?