Succubus

She slid her hands along my body, my skin hot like fire, eating up her touch.

As the bus pulled to a stop, she pulled her hands away, smiling seductively at me,"Stay right here. Don't leave the bus. I'll be back, swear you'll be a good pet and stay?"

I nodded meekly and pulled my sweater around me tighter. She exited with a few more passengers, leaving me to stare out the window alone. "Katie, are you alright?"

Turning my head, Ryan leaned his head over the seat in front of me, his perminate smile now gone and replaced with a frown. I glanced at myself in the window's reflection.

I was crying.

No, I was wailing and blubbering like a baby and I couldn't stop.

I looked up at him and broke," Don't let her back on the bus!"

He didn't need to hear another word. Running to the front he quickly took the driver seat, flooring the gas peddle as he raced out of the station.

The bus driver and passengers cursed at us as we drove off. I didn't notice any of their faces expect one.

I locked eyes with Bailey as we pulled away.

She saw me, she felt my heart beat.

I can't believe after two years I had finally done it. I escaped her. I escaped the succubus that took over my life, my mind, my body.

Six months later

Her face haunts my dreams. I've seen her face everywhere.  No matter where I go or what I do, she still has me in her grasp.

Ryan and Marnie let me stay with them for the time being. They knew the story, they knew I needed protecting until she was gone for good.

A part of me wanted to leave and find her again. I missed her touch. I craved it.

I'm coming for you...Find me...

Her voice echoed in my head, loud and commanding. My heart fluttered at the thought. Jumping out of my chair, I raved down the hall to the front door. Marnie blocked my way before I could even get out the door.

"Where the hell are you going?! It's 6 in the morning!" she scowled, leaning against the door.

I huffed and tried to push by,"I'm an adult I can go where I want can't I? Let me out!"

"I know you're going to find her and I won't let you!"

My breath hitched as I met her gaze. I never noticed how her brows crinkled when she was worried. She looked so exhausted, most likely from my nightly nightmares that wake the whole house.

"Marnie please I-"

She placed her hands on my shoulders,"No! Katie she controlled everything you did!"

"I know but-"

"She doesn't love you don't you get that?!" Marnie walked me backwards, trying to put space between me and the door.

My pulse quickened and I could feel my chest getting tight,"Marie just let me go I don't want to hear anymore!"

"Katie!!"

She shoved me down into the couch, looking down at me exasperated,"Katie she raped you! She raped you multiple times!!"

I didn't want to hear anymore. Every fiber of my being broke in two. Curling up in the fetal position, I let all my pent up emotions go.

Bailey was my drug, the toxin that kept me alive for the past two years.

No, she didn't keep me alive. She was slowly, but surely, killing me everyday and she knew it. She never loved me.

She was a succubus, using me to feed the fire within her soul that would always need replenishing.

I gritted my teeth as the pain from my heart increased. It felt as though it were going to burst from my chest, but I know it was impossible for it to do so.

I crawled over to Marnie, gasping for air,"Don't let her f-find me... Help m-me..."