The Ship Opens

Written by FlamingStar54

Meanwhile as Yue slept the village continued to poke and prod at the metal wreckage. The river washed away the mysterious liquids oozing from it, making the river change into brown and red colors. Most villagers stood a great distance away as a few daring ones kept investigating. The village chiefs were continuing to murmur a good distance away as well. Yue's parents also returned outside towards the wreckage. The smoke was climbing higher and higher into the sky however the fire seemed to elude from their eyes. Soon questions arose from the crowd surrounding the chiefs.

"What do we do about this?" A shout arose.

"Are they the sky people? Were they sent to us?" People were joining in causing an uproar. One chief raised his hand for silence. His face was expressionless as he waited for the last of the people to calm down. Time had done a number on him, giving him much wisdom to share with his people.

"There is little that we know about the beings from the sky, we should be cautious. Though they are very lucky to escape Shih's wrath," he said.

"What do we do?" asked one of the villagers.

"All we can do is wait," he replied,

They continued to wait, some lost interest and began to walk home. After a moment there was a hissing noise came from the ship. Everyone became silent while moving away from the metal wreckage. It started to clank and rumble loudly as the lights turn on. Everyone watched in silence. Soon the commotion finished. A large latch started to unlock and open. People backed away as they saw the large beings exit the ship.

Zanashron watched from a distance in complete silence. The figures walking out were much larger than him. They looked around at the people surrounding them. The one in front spoke loudly in a odd language no one could understand.

"What are you?" Someone shouts from the distance.

One of the beings saw Zanashron hiding in the bushes nearby. He called him over. They spoke quickly to him and he nodded. He turned to the people.

"We need your people to find fuel for us," he spoke.

"What fuel?" The chief asked. The creatures paused for a moment as they tried to explain what they need. Zanashron did not know how to translate it into Chinese.

"Kasha," Zanashron spoke. The towns people were confused by his word.

"We'll see what we can find." They took the time and began grabbing gifts from inside their houses. It was a long time of offering and offering that the large beings started to get frustrated. Zanashron waited nervously to see what the people would bring. Yue's parents went back inside and thought about what to bring.

"What would they want?" Yue's mother asked. Her father shrugged and continued to look around. Mother saw the rock her daughter found earlier. While her husband's attention was elsewhere, she grabbed the small rock and headed outside. She figured since even her husband did not know what it is, the aliens would know. When she approached with the rock they changed their expressions and begin to glow with excitement.

"Where did you find this?" Zanashron asked.

"My daughter found this, it was in a cave nearby," said Mother.

The tallest stepped forward.

"Bring her." The mother nodded and quickly scurried away.

Zanashron's nervousness began to intensify as Mother ran to the house Yue disappeared into.