Façade: Within - Chapter 10

PS: Please watch the video on the side. (My friend shared to me that link.) It’s the one that inspired me to write now. Who has watched “Make your move”?? Sadly, it’s not showing here in my country. :( Last, am proud to say that I’ve played the piano on the intro part. ^3^ just sharing. Anyways, on to the story . . .

First Time

(Chehon's POV)

I dumped the grocery bags at the back of my car. The misery of being assigned as the driver, I might as well be called as a slave. I saw Krista sitting in the passenger's seat and talking to someone in the phone.

"I don't know Jurri . . . I'm busy this night and tomorrow remember? . . . I can't . . . Can't not don't . . . No! . . . Okay, okay. I'll go just stop. You're so manned persuasive . . . See ya!"

I laughed a little when I saw her expression - forehead ceased, hands waving, stressing her point but at the same time smiling. Such a walking irony.

Opened the driver's seat and got in.

"Where to, Hime?" I said settling my hands on the wheel.

"I don't know." She muttered with an uncertain face.

"Ok. How 'bout this - We'll drop off the groceries and go somewhere? . . . Or we'll visit KION? I haven't been there for a while now." I revised my suggestion because it seems as if I was asking her for a date. -.- Although I'm really hoping for the former one.

"Show me your area. I didn't get to see the Crypto Dept properly." You could see her excitement radiating off her.

A bit disappointed, I said back. "Sure."

-o-

KION is in the second to sixth underground of Telecommunication and Online service Building owned by Blair's Company.

Only the recorded iris data of a person could get inside the floor through the iris scanner in each entrance door.

The Inter dept is in the fifth underground while the crypto dept is in the last - sixth underground floor.

"Did you happen to know if nii-san's here?"

"I don't think so. I heard that there is a meeting in the company. Maybe he's there."

She only nods and kept staring in her reflection inside the elevator.

The elevator stopped as a scanner emerged at the side. I did what I have to do - align my right eye to the scanner and blink three times. I hold her arm and guide her inside.

"Well, um. I didn't know that crypto have a lib."

I laughed at her statement. "It's not a lib but more of files compiled together. Code references and such. It is not always that we rely on our mind to solve something especially big cases."

She nods ecstatically. "I get it. Reference. Do you mind if I look around? Or there's a rule here that states 'No Loitering' or 'No Trespassing'?" I laughed. Even when speaking fast, her attention is fixed entirely on the books.

"No, I don't mind. And no, there's no rule like that here. You're free to roam around since you're one of the upper members. I'll just be in my table." I said while walking away that I barely heard her reply.

I immediately saw a package sitting innocently on my desk. My heart thumped loudly that I could barely hear anything but it. Even with the ac on max, I could feel my hands sweating and my body tense as I glare with much distaste on that object.