Inumaru's Life part 3

Time Skipping to the Start of His Journey

"Inumaru!"

"Inu!"

The girls yelled outside Inumaru's house.

"coming!" the teenager answered and quickly opened the door.

He was about to speak when two girls suddenly gave him a hug.

He just stood there, speechless.

When they pulled away, one of his friends, or shall we say, a friend and a fangirl of his, named Kayame, asked first.

"Inumaru! Last week, you were amazing! You actually made me proud because you're the Valedictorian! Anyways, why didn't you tell me that before our graduation went?"

"Urm... does that really matt--"

"Of course that matters to Ruka!" his other friend, also Kayame's rival, named Ruka, cut off his words and started speaking like she was the one who asked.

"Let him finish, Ruka!" Kayame yelled.

"But you and Ruka already knew what will he gonna say!" Ruka shouted back.

"Guys, calm down!" Inumaru stopped them as he sighed. "Anyways, why are you guys here?"

"To ask you if you'll study at the school where your mom and dad studied!" Kayame smiled at him.

"Oh. That school with the large gates or something? Yeah, my mother told me that I'll study there for the whole High School years, unless something bad will happen to me there." he said.

"No worries! Ruka will protect you, so you're safe!" Ruka smiled.

Inumaru just shrugged and chuckled nervously.

Kayame crossed her arms while giving her a glare. "Ypu know Ruka, you're too girly to protect a guy. Yes, I may be girly in front of him, but I can still act as a guy." she proudly stated.

"Sheesh! Just shut up! Ruka can do anything!" Ruka screamed.

"Guys--"

"Uh-huh? Then fly." Kayame cut off Inumaru's words and continued glaring at Ruka.

"Not that kind of thing!" some beads of water suddenly went on the corner of her eyes.

"Ruka will do everything for Inumaru! Even though I'll die keeping him safe, that's okay! Ruka loves Inumaru! So Kayame should shut up!" tears were now falling down from her eyes.

Inumaru sighed, and gave her a warm embrace.

"Ruka, it's fine. You shouldn't do that. I should be the one who will do that to you. Do you understand?" Inumaru stared at her eyes, which made her happy.

"Yes, Inumaru!" she answered.

"What about me? You only think about her, but not me!" Kayame quickly got jealous after seeing her crush hugging her rival.

Inumaru got no choice but to hug her also.

"There, there. I already gave you one." Inumaru said as he started patting her back.

Kayame giggled as she buried her face on his chest.

"Psh! Kayame is childish!" Ruka yelled, which made the two pull away from each other and stare at her.

"You are!" Kayame yelled.

"No! You!" Ruka followed.

"Kids, stop yelling and come inside."

The three turned to the speaker.

It was InuYasha.

"Dad, you always do that to Mom." Inumaru rubbed the back of his head as he saw his father's arm wrapped around his mother's waist.

"What? She's my wife." he proudly stated.

Kagome just giggled.

Inumaru suddenly remembered his dad showing him a picture of them when they were in High School.

He saw that their appearances never changed. They still look the same.

' Dad's right, love actually makes you young.' he thought.

"Fine, fine. Continue that, then." Inumaru laughed along with his parents.

"Ruka will be like that to Inumaru soon!" Ruka suddenly yelled, which made them stop from laughing.

"Uhm... no. I will be his future wife." Kayame added.

Kagome just laughed.

"Dears, you're only starting to be a seventh grader. Time and Fate will decide who will be our son's wife." she said.

Kayame and Ruka went silent.

Inumaru gave his mother a smile as a thanks for making them quiet.

Kagome smiled back, saying no worries.

"Ladies, have a seat." InuYasha offered the girls to sit down, and so they did.

When they all gathered together, Kagome started speaking.

"So dears, your parents informed us that you will spend your high school days to the school where we studied."

"Yes, Mrs. Taisho." Kayame politely answered.

"Ruka is excited!" Ruka followed.

"Our son, Inumaru, will also study there." InuYasha spoke before turning to Kayame. "Kayame, I know that you got a brave side. Please take care of Inumaru. I know you are braver than him."

Kayame giggled. "Yes I will, Mr. Taisho."

Inumaru crossed his arms and looked away while blushing.

' Dad places me down. Always.' he whispered inside his mind.

Ruka also crossed her arms, feeling jealous that they trust Kayame, and not her.

"And you, Ruka," InuYasha added. "Make my son happy."

Ruka's eyes started sparkling as she enthusiastically nodded.

"From now on, you dears can call us Aunt and Uncle." said Kagome.

"Yes, aunt." the ladies answered in unison.

"So, shall we talk about on how will you guys start your High School life in a smooth way?" InuYasha asked with a smile.

"Yes, uncle!"

"Sure thing, Dad."

Inumaru and the ladies answered.

And so they did.

' Maybe this is the start of my real life.' Inumaru whispered inside his mind.