Chapter 3

"Hello Daniel Wilhelm. Welcome to the land of the dead. I am the beloved queen. Queen Shyla Lee Hyannis or Grean if you prefer. Grean is my married name. My husband will be here very shortly to explain everything to you, Daniel.  Until then, enjoy some food." I smiled at the new ghost.

"Why didn't I get food?" Carolina asked me, slightly jealous. 

"You did not need food when you arrived. You needed your vision. I gave you your vision." I explained, calmly, selecting a Carolina pepper and popping it into my mouth. 

"Isn't that hot?" the new ghost asked watching me. 

"No. I feed these to my kids. These are pretty darn mild. Hey, babe, tell the cook I need something spicier? Take Carolina with you, she can get food if she desires. I am sure the chef will prepare something for her." I smiled at Matty when he entered the room, glaring at the woman who always followed him everywhere. "Ladies, that is my husband, stay away from him or I will punish you with an eternity in the land of the living." I growled, the ground beneath our feet shaking with my anger. 

"No!" echoed around the room as the ladies all hung onto some part of Matthew, which made me angrier.

"I have had enough. I don't normally punish people, but you ladies don't get it. I am sending you to the land of the living as snakes!" I growled, clapping my hands and they disappeared, but the ground still shook as I glared at Matty. "How dare you have them following you around? I am your wife. If you have problems with our marriage, we can get a divorce or whatever!" I shrieked, shifting to the batsamic lioness, crouching low to the floor, ready to spring. 

"Fine! Let's get the divorce, but you keep the kids. Since I do everything with them anyway." Matty growled, which shocked me back to normal. 

"Matty, I can't do anything with them. I have to be here pretty much at all times. Besides, I am allergic to their scents. Remember that one time I passed out and my magic took control and I couldn't decide on which form to be in or the place to be?" I sighed, looking at the pictures of my kids proudly displayed on the coffee table by my throne that I hardly sit on. 

"Oh, right. I guess I am being to hard on you. Aren't the doctors supposed to be curing you allergy to our kids?" 

"Yeah, but they keep failing. I want to see my kids and spend as much time with them as possible but I also have a job to uphold and there isn't anything to be done in here...Ooh! I got it! Tell the doctors to hurry up with that cure for my allergies." I smiled, kissing Matty on the cheek, forgiving him for everything in a heartbeat. 

"Okay. Shyla, I don't want to get divorced. I love being married you. It's an adventure, but why did you send away my fans?" 

"They are hanging all over what is mine!" I growled, unsheathing my claws. 

"You're jealous?" Carolina asked looking back and forth between Matty and I. 

"Damn right I am jealous. He is my husband, only I can hang all over him and I claimed him as soon as I said 'I do'." I muttered, the ground starting to stop shaking. 

"Aw, baby, you don't have to be jealous. You are my wife. Nobody can ever replace you. There is simply no comparison between you and every other woman." Matty murmured, pulling me in for a hug. 

"Matty, I love you." I smiled up at him, the ground ceasing to shake. 

"I love you too, Shyla. Now, let's get some food. Besides I bet that new cub of our will surely like some hot stuff." Matty laughed, gesturing to my belly. 

"I am not having another cub." I growled, sniffing the air around me. 

"You won't pick up a scent. I see it. Remember how I didn't have any powers in the land of the living?" 

"Yeah." 

"Well, I wanted a power that allowed me to see the spirits of people. There is a tiny one, right there in your belly." Matty smiled a very cocky prideful smile. 

"Okay. I guess we can have another cub to add to our 5." I smiled at him, watching him as he and Carolina left to get some food. 

"The dead can have kids?" Daniel asked me, confused.

"Yeah. They can do anything they could've in the land of the living. Except me. I can do anything I want since I rule both the land of the dead and some of the land of the living." I answered, popping a pineapple chunk into my mouth and chewing slowly. 

"Oh. So I can fight for the hand of a woman that I appreciate?" Daniel questioned, his golden eyes sparking. 

"Yeah. Here the woman chooses who she marries and loves. I simply chose to keep my poor husband around." I smiled softly at myself, as I reached for the bowl of strawberries. 

"'Poor husband'?" 

"He is such a great guy, but like most males of any species, he doesn't get one thing about women. If he did then he would know not to test my patience with him and that I refuse to let him chase after any other female, because he is mine." I shrugged, popping a strawberry into my mouth and dipping the rest in chocolate, as the food that Daniel ate magically replenished itself. 

"Oh. True. I know I have been clueless a few times with this one girl that I loved. I still love her, but she has a husband and kids." Daniel sighed in disgust, glaring at the photos of my kids. 

"What do you have against my kids?" I growled, the ground shaking harder than before. 

"Nothing! Just that they aren't mine! I always wanted to father kids for the girl that I love!" Daniel shouted over the crashing of glass wares that ended up on the floor.

"Don't ever openly glare at anything of my kids." I hissed, the shaking increasing in intensity before it stopped when all of a sudden Daniel kissed me. 

"Don't kiss my wife!" Matty shouted, pulling me behind him in a protective gesture which melted my heart. 

"Who is the girl that you love?" I asked, squeezing Matty's arms as I glided over to the new food. 

"You. We went to the same high school together. I was heartbroken when you died. Now, you have a husband and I can't even try and win your hand." Daniel sighed, shrinking into a submissive posture, avoiding mine and Matty's eyes. 

"Oh. I was wondering why you looked familiar. You were the quarterback, weren't you?" I smiled, thinking back to high school. 

"Yeah. I fell in love with you on that homecoming game our freshman year, when you were cheering in your cheer uniform. I didn't know you were super flexible, until that night." Daniel smiled, a blush painting his cheeks red.

"Yeah. I was surprised myself. I didn't know I could do the splits. I can still do them. I just have to do the dance routine that I was supposed to do in an hour for a birthday present for my husband, but it can be early and filmed." I shrugged, magically changing into a cheer uniform that my husband had picked out for Halloween in the land of the living last year. 

"Cool! A dance performed by my wife. What song though?" Matty asked, looking at me as the music turned on and I started dancing to his favorite song. I finished the dance with a split. 

"Happy birthday, Matty." I smiled, jumping up and hugging him. 

"Thanks, Shyla." Matty whispered in my ear.

"Aw, how cute is the royal couple." a male voice sneered. 

"I know. We are like super adorable." I smiled, changing into normal human clothes. 

"I don't about Matthew being adorable, but you sure are fine." the male murmured, entering the room before darting me and everyone else and picking me up. "Sorry, Queen Shyla, but this is necessary. We need you as our queen." the man whispered, taking me out of the land of the dead and into a dungeon in the land of the living.