CHAPTER 1 DIAGNOSIS

This is what I typed up a couple months ago, "I just don't understand why people are so stupid people every where are makeing fun of diabetics and diabetes , just search diabetes and tons of pictures will pop of of candy,cake,ice cream,and lots of other sugery foods, diabetes is not a joke it is a illness that effects a day to day life of the person who has it and any one can have it they do not have to be fat or eat suger , just think you would NEVER EVER make fun of a person with cancer so is it not bad enough that a person with diabetes has to go through this with no cure ? So when you think your being funny by makeing jokes about this think who it effects please! " Yup life with Diabetes is not very fun at times but I'm still a normal kid. Let me tell you my diagnosis story. When I was three years old my mom noticed that I was doing some weird things like constantly drinking and peeing and drinking and peeing, a few weeks after that I got "sick" and was not eating so finely my parents convinced me to eat a snow cone but when I did my lips turned blue so my mom thought I was loseing oxygen, so she called an ambulance and they took me to the hospital once I got there they told my mom that I wasn't loseing oxygen but that my blood sugar was 952 (normal is 130) so thay rushed me to a bigger hospital three hours away, they told my mom that with a blood sugar that high I should have been in a coma. When I got there that had to run tests and get my blood sugar down so I could not eat or drink for three days mind you I was three years old. I remember the first time the doctor told my mom that I had Diabetes I asked her if I was going to die because as a young child all I herd was die but to make things worse she started crying when I asked her.