A Trip To Remember

The mixture of liquids I held in my hand started to shake as my friend told me to look in front of me. The fact that my friend saw what I was drinking was good - it was an Arnold Palmer with more lemonade than sweet tea; and it was about to fall.

"You're such an amazing friend! Thank God for your reflexes!" I say to Mandy.

"Best friend," she says correcting me, "and I wouldn't need them if it weren't for you and that gosh darn clumsiness!"

We were fifth in line at Silver Dollar City. She had pointed out about the two most attractive guys I've ever seen. (Hence the reason I dropped my drink.)

"That one is way cuter," Mandy says. She's pointing at a dark-skinned guy, with curly hair, (not an afro, though) and an absolutely adorable nose. And, WOAH, gorgeous teeth.

The other one (practically indescribable) had the absolute most stunning smile, an even cuter nose, (flat on top -going down- and rounded at the tip) freckles all the way across his cheeks and nose, an even haircut the color of butterscotch, and super tall.

Compared to a 5'0" girl, though.

"I think they're both - like, no words for their attractiveness - but, the one over here is hotter," I state.

Did I mention the fact that they're both getting noticeably darker by the minute?

And, I'm over here, and if it weren't for my mother, I'd be albino.

"Well then, Sarah," she starts, knowing I hate my name, "it's settled on who has who."

They turn around. Oh, boy...

Let's say Mandy's nickname is kind of 'Megaphone.'

I slap her on her arm. She wakes up from a daydream about who-knows-what and squeaks like a chihuahua being stepped on.

They both have very different taste in clothing. Mine is wearing a baseball cap, too high for me to see anything but the top of it, gray with a white "BE" curving around on it. I don't know what the rest of it said. BEAVERS, maybe? Let's say I'm clearly not a huge sports fan. I do enjoy soccer, volleyball, swimming, and a nice jog (on the treadmill), though.

His dark gray tee has a maroon-ish "UCONN" on it, his shorts are khaki's paired with black and white NIKE socks & shoes on.

Mandy's is simple- a pair of faded jeans, a plaid button-done baby blue shirt, and Adidas slides. Clearly why we chose polar opposites of ourselves... She likes well-dressed and I like laid-back.

They start laughing, looking absolutely confused.

"What are you guys talking about?" Baby Blue asks.

I've nicknamed them Baby Blue and QT.

I just sit there with my mouth wide open, practically drooling. QT laughs and I shut it immediately, hurting my mouth.

Mandy says, "We're talking about who has who if we dated you guys."

I'm blushing. And I know it.

"And what did you settle on?" QT asks, eyes fixed on me.

I look down. I'm not confident like Mandy- but, gosh I wish I was.

"Tell them, Jane," Mandy says, elbowing me and knowing I prefer my middle name. Both have their eyes affixed on me.

I stutter over my own words, nervous as I am. "W-w-well, I-I-I'd have Mr. UCONN over here, and Mandy'll have Baby Blue over there." I tried my best to sound confident.

"Awesome, y'all can hang with us for today," QT says.

"I'm Clay and that over there, unless you prefer calling him Mr. UCONN, is Jacob," says Baby Blue, now with a name; Clay... Cute.

"So, I'm with Jane and you're with Mandy," Jacob says to Clay, smiling.

---------------------------

Author's note:

Hey, guys! I'm Rileah(: This is a book I'm very excited to write and I hope that you enjoy it!