Chapter 13

Chapter 13

I stood there watching Audrie's every move as I swirled the necklace around in my hand. Am I wrong for feeling this way? I know I just met her but I really can't control my emotions right now. I took off my shirt tossing it at Anna; knowing she wasn't paying attention to me. She caught it at just the right time then threw it in the sand.

"Really Jess?" She yelled.

I shrugged walking towards Audrie; she felt my presence and made a disgusted face as I sat next to her.

"You really don't know how to leave people alone do you?" 

"Well I guess not." I said looking at her.

"Why are you so annoying?"

"I don't try to be." I confessed placing my hands in the water.

"Sure you don't." She answered.

"Why are you so stubborn?" 

She stood up in the water and placed her hands on her hips. I had a feeling she was about to do something very immature so I made the first move. I grabbed her by her thighs and tossed her over my shoulder so that her butt was facing up.

"Put me down!" She screamed.

I chuckled as she tried hitting me so that I could put her down. I ran further into the water to the point where it was up to me knees. I stopped to catch my breath then she stopped screaming which made me wonder what this girl had planned.

She wrapped her legs around my waist making me loosen the grip I had from around her to her lower back. She placed her hands on the back of my neck and looked at me. I stared into her eyes as she looked into mine then  placed her into the water, she placed her hands on mine as I brought her closer to me. A smile appeared on her face as she looked up at me.

Her smile faded as she grew uncomfortable and looked down at her feet. I lifted her chin up and she put her hand on top of mine as I leaned my face closer to hers.

"Jessie" She whispered once our noses touch.

"Hmm?" I murmured.

"You've got the wrong girl." She whispered.

I didn't know what she meant until it was too late, she kneed me in that area and I crouched over in pain. She found it amusing and pushed me with too much force into the water. I wasn't going to let he get away with this so I grabbed her leg and tried pulling away but it wasn't getting anywhere. When she pulled her hardest one last time and fell face first into the water making a big splash. That has got to hurt! She rolled over on her side as she lifted her head out of the water which was bright red.

" I hate you." She hissed before getting up and running back towards the shore.

~~~

Audrie's POV

He's such a jerk! Oh my gosh he deserved what I did to him, that will teach him a lesson to never touch me again. I hate him so freaking much! I never thought I would have to do that to anyone but Tyler. At this rate staying here for three weeks may not be possible, I stomped my way back to shore and sat next to Anna.

"How do you deal with him?" I asked reaching into my bag to grab a towel.

"I don't know, I just got use to him and his childish ways." Anna explained.

"I feel bad for you." 

"Me too." 

Poor girl, dealing with this jerk face all day every day must be stressful. I think we should get to know each other better and get to the point of becoming friends. Which should start right about now! A bunch of guys set up their stuff and brought a radio that was blasting music. People around us started dancing and partying while our lazy pack just sat and watched. I'm not going to sit here and miss out on all the fun, so I got up and grabbed Anna's hand and we started dancing.

"I'm such a bad dancer!" She complained.

"Not really, I've seen worse!" I said.

I twirled her around and started grooving with the music. This was one of my favorite songs, if only my family was here. Kenneth, Saige, and Joy got up and danced towards us forming a circle. I smiled so hard my cheeks started to hurt, dancing was one of the things I did when I was upset about something. 

"You're a great dancer." Someone said behind me.

I turned around seeing a tall brunette curly haired guy with a magnificent smile. I almost passed out seeing how good looking he was and how he kept up with his body. My heart pumped faster and I began to sweat.

"Thanks." I answered.

"You wanna dance?" 

"Sure." 

We faced each other and moved to the beat. He was a better dancer than me, so I spun in a circle and faced my back towards him. As I swung my hips left and right he grabbed my waist making me jump a little, but I kept going. He backed me up enough so that I could dance on him, I have never done this before so I had no experience! A faster song came on and I looked over to where my dad was sitting and saw Jessie talking to him.

Guilt started to take over and I just couldn't fight the urge to let him sit there and not dance with anyone. So I stopped dancing with the dude and walked over to talk to Jessie. Jessie put his shirt back on because it was a little cool out. I went to put my shorts on first then walked up to Jessie. 

He looked up and his smile faded as he noticed it was me.

"Hey Jessie are you busy?" I asked rubbing my arm.

" Sorta."

" Well would you mind dancing... with me?" 

" Why? You were just having a good time with that dude." He snapped.

I didn't know what to say. Is this what rejection feels like? My heart thumped against my chest as I stood still.

"But I want to dance with you." I said.

He was quiet for a moment. After a few seconds passed, he stood up and grabbed me by the arm and we walked inside of the crowd to dance.

~~~~

Tyler's POV

I woke up the next morning feeling horrible for what I did. My head was hurting and my room was trashed. The huge hole in my wall was still visible and everything that happened kept replaying in my head. I slowly stepped out of bed and stood up to my full height, my entire spine cracked and I started to feel better.

I walked out into the hallway and took each step slowly as I made my way down to the kitchen. No one was in the house this morning which was very suspicious. I made a bowl of cereal and walked into the living room to watch TV as I ate. The TV started to become boring after a while, just watching other people talk made me sick to my stomach.

I shut the it off and put my empty bowl in the kitchen sink. Life right now really sucks! There's no one in this house, nothing to do, and I'm so bored. There was a knock at the door and I ran for my life to answer it. Opening the door a girl appeared and I knew that I was looking like a monster right now. She looked at me with wide eyes and her eyes were lighter than I've ever seen in my life.

"Hi, um I'm new in the neighborhood and was wondering if you knew where Tiana lived." She muttered. 

Tiana was a well known girl at our school, if you didn't know her then you would end up being a loser for missing out on a sexy chick like her.

"Yeah she lives four houses down." 

"Thanks."

"No problem."

She started to walk away but I wasn't going to let her leave without knowing her name.

"Hey!" I called.

She turned around.

"What's your name?" 

" Tori."

"Nice to me you Tori, I'm Tyler." I said.

"Nice to meet you." She smiled as she continued walking down the street.