Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Audrie's POV

I'm already fed up with Amanda's sudden emotional outbursts and obsessive behavior when it came to the baby she was carrying. Don't get me wrong I love that little tiger, if it's a boy but I'd love it even more if it was a girl but why Denis why torture me with this! I would do anything if he would just ship her off somewhere and make her come back after she's returned to her old self. I don't really like the old Amanda either, am I making any sense right now? I had to make a point clear to Neal though, no babies anytime soon, I didn't want to scare him and say no babies at all because in the future I would love to have little me's running around hitting Neal upside the head with a rattle. Ugh! I'm starting to sound like Amanda!

I rubbed my temples and took a breather as I strutted past Jessie's room. An oddly warm hand yanked me by the arm and I went flying into some guest room I never saw in my life. Jessie closed the door behind me and rudely pushed me aside before he spoke.

"Okay, the next time you do that you have got to warn me!" I shouted as I held my heaving heart.

"I'm sorry. Your mate is crazy dude!" He said between deep breaths.

"I know. So what did you want?" 

"Oh nothing just wanted to say hi, I feel like I haven't seen my bestie in forever." He cooed as he walked over and hugged me.

I hugged him back but this kind of felt awkward. It's so unlike Jessie to just pull me into a room and say hello, when he knows that the stupid pack mind link works. I softly pushed him off of me because he was getting a little too comfortable.

"Seriously what's up?" I urged.

"Nothing."

"Jessie!"

"Yell all you want this room is sound proof, stupid."

"What is your problem?" I snapped.

"You're my problem; do you know what it feels like seeing you have another guy holding you? It hurts Audrie it really does."

I let my mouth drop for a few minutes and then tried to compose myself. I took a deep breath and then paced back in forth while counting my fingers. I know a weird habit to compose my frustration but give me a break!

"I can't deal with this right now. It's just too much Jess way too much. Just give me some time to think about it okay?" 

He just shrugged it off carelessly and I knew he was hurt. But is it my fault I have a mate and he doesn't? I don't think that's more a rhetorical question, but come on! I thought he was the one who said he was going to be fine with me taking my mate over him!

I opened the door and shut it behind me only to run into a hard chest that wasn't Neal's. Kenneth looked at me curious and I really haven't seen in a long long time and we live in the same house together!

"Hey ken ken!" I smiled.

"Ken ken? What type of- never mind but err where's Jess?" 

"In the room, have fun it seems like someone is on their period." 

"What!"

"See ya later ken ken!"

I headed down the stairs but slowed my pace as I heard a conversation between my dad and Neal.

"Neal, I have some news to tell you. Don't be upset though alright? I'll announce it at the pack party tonight."

"Okay, I guess I'll go tell Audrie to get ready as well as everyone else."

Shoot, I sped back up the stairs and nearly did back flips to my room, I pushed the door open and ran to my TV that I thankfully had on. I looked on my bed for the remote and underneath the covers, but still nothing. Okay think Audrie think, where could the remote be?

"Tyler!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

"What! Woah,what is up with you and messes? We are going to clean this up like right now!" He shouted as he started making up my bed. Anna came in a few seconds later and covered Tyler's eyes with her hands.

"Guess who?" She whispered into his ear.

"Is that my Pooh pooh bear?" He cooed like a little girl.

"You got it right!" She giggled and he wrapped his arms around her.

"Okay...eww and where is it?" I managed to choke out.

"Where's what?"

"My remote."

"Hmm. Could you describe it for me?" 

Not again! No, no , no and a million times heck no! Now that he has a mate, I can use her charm for getting what I want! Ugh, we are gonna be some really evil mates once she moves in.

"Anna, sister?" I frowned.

"Audrie, hey what's up?" She said while untangling herself from Tyler's grasp.

"Anna, you know we're like sisters now,  right?" 

She nodded and Tyler shot me a dead stare.

"So do you know where my remote is?" 

Tyler then yanked her by the arm and covered her mouth so that she couldn't say anything. She smiled underneath his cupped hand and entwined their finger and he let his hand drift back to his side. How the heck did she do that? I so have to try that with Neal, it's like she has him wrapped around her little finger, we have so much to catch up on.

"He put it underneath the dresser in my room." She smiled.

Tyler looked upset about her telling me where he hid my remote. Boys can be boys but I wasn't watching TV anyways so I'll think about that later on tonight. Neal walked in on our little feud and immediately came towards me. He pulled me a distance length away from Tyler and acted like a shield in front of me. I didn't need his protection right now but he smelled so good, he smells like a Hawaiian febreeze spray I use at home. I wrapped my arms around his waist and he turned around, his piercing eyes searched through mine for a sign of something being wrong but there was nothing wrong.

He smiled and kissed my forehead then I entwined our fingers together. He pulled me tight against his chest and I couldn't help but close my eyes.

"You're dad is having a pack party tonight, which I think you heard clearly because I smelled your citrusy scent as I was walking up the steps."

Aww man, now I'm caught but can I lie? Ugh! I hate this, I'm usually so good at lying but he's one person I cannot lie to even if I tried.

"Okay I'll get ready." I mumbled as I kissed his nose and pushed Tyler and Anna out of my room.

Time to get this party started! I'll try and show off some moves but not too much I don't need Neal slicing off every guys head that looks at me. This is going to be so much fun!