Chapter 1- New Kid

Warnings: Mild swearing.

Davey's POV:
I sighed as I followed Gregg to meet the new camper. I hope they're not as bad as these other idiots....

My walking started to slow as we reached the entrance. The bus pulls in as the door opens. A boy with olive hair, Neptune eyes, and wax flower skin walks out. He was wearing a yellow shirt over a purple flannel, purple shorts with pale purple triangles (This is why I call Jasper Dorito man. Because the triangles are like Doritos :P). I didn't really pay attention to his shoes because who does that?

          He smiles softly and looks at me before turning his gaze to Gregg.

"This already seems righteous!" He exclaimed. "I'm guessing you're my councilor?"

Gregg simply nodded. "You must be Jasper, you'll love it here at Camp Campbell! I'm Gregg and this is Davey !" He points as me as I huff. "We should get going on our tour!" He beams before walking at a brisk pace. I on the other hand walk as this.. 'Jasper' runs to catch up.

         I decide to run to Jasper before looking at him. "Listen, this camp sucks... it's a load of hooey they put together to make money." Jasper turns to me.

          "What's your major malfunction, numbnuts?" I glare at him.

         "Did you really have to reference "Full Metal Jacket" dude? You're not Gunnery Sergeant Hartman... I think that movie sucked anyways..." I snap. "And I'm not Private Pyle either."

          He looked a bit hurt but I didn't care. I kept walking with him as we're faced with dead silence from both of us.

     ~Time skip to after the tour~

         After eating lunch, Jasper and Gregg walks into the Mess Hall, done with their tour. Jasper got his lunch before sitting next to me, I let out a small growl and scoot away.

        "Take a chill pill.... I just want a friend here... and all the other kids were ignoring me.." He looks down hurt. I felt a bit bad, A BIT.

         I pause for a second. A friend? No one has asked me to be their friend before... I wasn't used to this affection I'm receiving... my only way to react was to be more of a dick and that's what just happened. I couldn't react properly so I did all that I knew.

"I...." goddamnit Davey... don't stutter.... "don't give a shit." I freeze realizing what I said. I didn't want to say that! I start to shiver.

Jasper sighs before smiling. "I can tell you can change. You'll be totally radical in no time!" I swear I saw stars form in his eyes.

        I turn around facing away from him, not wanting to deal with his determination. Finally, I stand up and quickly dump out my tray, walking back to my tent. I start to think to myself. Who's tent is he sharing?

          I start to smile to myself before stopping. I have mixed opinions on this new kid...

//Word Count: 498
Published 10/2/17