Prologue

Two people walked into the great hall, the path made of polished stone. The brunette haired girl wore a white blouse and some denim jeans, along with a brown cloak and a dagger. The boy, walking with her, wore a loose tan shirt and tattered jeans, with a red cloak and a two-handed sword. They walked silently through the hall as they approached a small pedestal at the end of the path. On the pedestal lay the Destiny Marble propped up on a dark blue satin pillow with gold linings.

The girl paused and stopped at the marble, before shaking her head.

"I...I can't" she exclaimed, nervously clutching her hands.

The boy looked at her, his dirty blond hair shown brightly through the marble's glow.

"It's okay, Sophie" he urged. "We're almost there."

Sophie nodded and approached the marble with her twin brother.

"Are you ready, Terrance?" She asked, bring up her left hand.

Terrance nodded and brought out his right hand. Sophie took a deep breath.

"This is the moment of truth" she stated, her brother nodded.

"One...two.." her brother encouraged, "three!"

Instantly both of them laid their hand on the Destiny Marble. The marble glowed very vibrant. The twins nearly jerked their hand away because of the intense heat that suddenly coursed through them. Outside of the building stood three people, an innkeeper, a house maid, and a farm boy.

"They've done it," the innkeeper exclaimed.

The house maid did a silent prayer as the glow came through the cracks in the old wood door. Suddenly a loud cry rang out. The farm boy rushed to the door, only to be stopped by the innkeeper.

"Benjamin, do not be so hasty." The innkeeper warned, "we must wait for the glow to stop or be destroyed."

They waited torturously and finally the glow started to die. They opened the door and rushed inside. There on the floor lay Terrance half dazed. His right hand was burned and created a symbol, of a circle with a traingle in the middle, on his palm. Sophie was sitting on the floor, trembling. her hands wrapped around her legs as her knees reached her chin. Her outfit had changed. She now wore a light blue dress down to her ankles and her brown hair was in a headband braid. There was also a gold band, like a crown, on her head. Sophie's eyes were glowing, a vibrant blue.

"Martha, check on Terrance" the Innkeeper demanded.

The innkeeper hurried toward Sophie.

"Sophie?" asked the innkeeper, concerned.

She shivered before speaking.

"My head...it hurts. I hear voices...so many and I'm seeing things different things all at once," she exclaimed.

Sophie's eyes softened and she quickly grasped the innkeeper in a hug.

"We were wrong!" She cried, her voice echoed with pain "oh Caleb, we were all wrong. The prophecy...our part..."

She slumped into Caleb's arms. Sophie looked so peaceful right now. The innkeeper carried Sophie in his arms and turned toward Martha and Benjamin, who were helping Terrance. They all wept bitterly as they left the Destiny Marble's home. What they thought would happen was a lie. This was only the beginning of a new change.

Coming Soon