Chapter Two- Terrance

Present Day...

Terrance rushed over to the small cottage, where his sister was staying. The cottage had a row of Lilies growing in the front, Sophie's favorite. The cottage was small and looked it would collapse with one touch. This is Martha's home and she worked as a house maid for a general's wife. Well Martha used to before she started to aid Terrance and Sophie on their journey.Terrance stood at the door and raised his hand to knock on the cedar wood. He hasn't visited Sophie in a week. Suddenly, he stopped himself and slowly sank down into the front step.

 "Something happened" Caleb had explained, hastily. "Something very unexpected."

Terrance had found himself back Caleb's home that day. Caleb wore linen clothes and a dark red robe. Caleb, an innkeeper, was the first to meet Sophie and Terrance once they discovered Telsea. They became close friends after that. Actually Sophie had these ways with people. She was smart and very friendly. Terrance on the other hand, not so much, he preferred figuring out dad's journal and its secrets.

Back in the other world, Terrance and Sophie's dad left them when they were five. No one knows why and then one day dad's journal appeared on Terrance's desk. So he dedicated most of his time to translating his dad's writings. Turns out the writing was in an ancient language nearly long gone from Telsea. Sophie, however, accepted that dad left and had moved on.

Terrance looked at his right hand, studying the symbol burned on it. He took out the old leather journal. The symbols matched, but why? After four years, Terrance still hadn't found his father. Even after he figured out the number formula and accidentally created a portal that landed Sophie and him in Telsea in the first place. Terrance put the notebook away as a man just a bit older than him walked by.

"Terrance" he called out," how...how is she?"

Terrance gave him a cold stare and looked away.

 "I don't know," Terrance replied.

 Yeah so Terrance wasn't on good terms with Benjamin anymore. In his defense, technically this was all Benjamin's fault. Every since Benjamin joined Terrance and Sophie, he was convinced they were the twins in the prophecy. That only ignited the curiosity in Caleb and Terrance. It got them all starry-eyed into believing that it was true and almost ended up getting them killed on numerous occasions.

Most of all, Terrance felt doubly guilty. They had gone to the hall and Sophie had wanted to back down but he just encouraged her that everything was going to be all right. On account of that, Terrance was ashamed to visit Sophie, who right now was unpredictable. What happens there in the hall was something Terrance wished he could fix. They knew the risks but nothing had turned out as it should.

They placed their hands on the marble and Terrance felt heat course through him. It felt like his body temperature had raise up about thirty degrees but it didn't. His ham felt like it was on fire and the room got really bright. Sophie screamed and a blue glow surrounded her. They both should have been blind after that but they weren't.

They couldn't take this anymore but Terrance kept his hand on the marble and so did Sophie. Finally the glow died and Terrance collapsed on the ground, followed by Sophie, who was probably in shock. Before he blacked out, Terrance saw a girl with black hair and white skin, like Snow White, come toward him in a light blue dress that went down to her ankles. She looked at them with concern and took his hand. With one touch, the pain subsided from his hand then she disappeared.

 "It wasn't your fault" said a voice, snapping Terrance back to the present. "It wasn't anyone's. We were all blinded."

Terrance looked up and saw Caleb standing there.

"Your sister knew the risks and she knows that you and her will be in an important role very soon," he added. "You can follow your own path but remember you can't escape destiny."

Terrance nodded, grimly, and stated at his right hand.

 "I left a few things back at my home in Maine," Terrance answered. "I asked my mom to leave them in my room."

 Caleb nodded, "so you're staying?"

 "I've always wanted to return to my old life since this whole thing got started," Terrance stated. "Now it's too late to turn back. All right then, it's time to look for the others."