The S Files - Family

I’m back, Kasey.  As I promised, here’s the first section of my daily life:  Family.

My mom and I, we both gave up.  We were never close, and she made sure I knew it.  Every so often, she would go on a long preach about how disconnected I was from everyone, how it was like talking to a brick wall.  Honestly, I couldn’t help thinking “It’s just who I am,” or “I’m sorry,” but you know how it is talking to your parents are angry at you.  Even if you do manage to tell your side of the story, you’re accused of talking back and being disrespectful, but at the same time they’re demanding you to say something.  You’re trapped, so it’s better just not to say anything, which is what I do.  Stand silently and take the criticism.

The other thing is that when I try in my own way to close the gap, I’m just teased because I’m doing something different from my usual routine.  So I don’t bother trying anymore.  I’m uncomfortable being alone with her, so I just tune her out.

With my dad, it’s not as bad.  I can watch TV with him, hang out with him, and all that usual bonding stuff.  However, I know the gaps getting wider and wider.  I shouldn’t bother fixing it, though.  It’ll just end up getting me teased again. 

I’m only safe up here in my room or at the library, being anywhere else in the house is too risky.

That’s I can say about Family, Kasey.  If I think of anything else, I’ll try to squeeze it in when I can.