Chapter Four~ Can I axe you a question?

Quinn

We ran away from the cutout and bumped blindly into a boarded up doorway. We hit the ground and immediately were startled by it. "G-Gary? What is that?" I asked; rubbing my head. It hurt like heck. We sat up and looked up at the doorway. "Okay, what are we to do?" Gary asked, turning to me. I studied the doorway for a moment and found a space to squeeze in through.

We both could fit and made it to the other side. A banner hung high that said Music Department. The room looked dimly lit so we had to rummage around for a few minutes. There were music records and another cutout of the devil. We managed to find a tape which had been recorded by Sammy Lawrence. I'm sorry but wasn't the last time, weird enough? Now we need Gary calling a priest to bless this place!

"Gary, you might not wanna hear this." I said. He scoffed at me. "I ain't scared of a silly little tape. Besides, the last tape just had been uh, odd. You know. With the ending." He said. "Seven days." I whispered. He rolled his eyes at me and face palmed. "Play." I pressed the button and the tape started up.

"So first Joey installs this ink machine over our heads. Then it begins to leak. Three times last month, we couldn't even get out of our department because the ink had flooded the stairwell. Joey's solution? An ink pump to drain it periodically. Now I have this ugly pump switch in my office. People in and out all day. Thanks Joey. Just what I needed. More distractions. These cartoon songs don't write themselves, you know." The tape ended soon after that. I looked at Gary and he looked to be pondering.

He looked just as confused as me. First Sammy's all like worshipping this cartoon character then he's complaining about work! What could this mean? "It's probably best we move on and find a way out as quick as possible. Who knows!" Gary had the right idea in mind. I set the tape recorder down. Me and Gary found a door leading to somewhere. Gary opened it and we both entered into a room filled with instruments. "Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! I've always wanted to play the drums!" I squealed with excitement and ran over to the drums, hitting them a few times. I then saw a cello, piano, and violin. I began to play them all in my own way.

"Quinn! Focus! We need to-" But he somehow became interrupted by a loud creak. We both walked toward the source of the sound to discover a long hallway. "Wow, this place kinda needs a redesign! It's nice though......" Gary noticed a set of pipes down at the end and we approached carefully. Gary studied the strange machine and decided to turn it. No sign indicated what it did but I had a bad feeling about it. I saw one of the cutouts of the devil appear out of the corner of my eye. I jumped and turned to see a cutout. "Uh, G-G-Gary!" I tapped his shoulder and he turned to see what I pestered him for. We both apporached the cutout carefully and we only saw one.

It didn't move.