3|"you don't believe me?"

| Harley |

It was the next day, a Monday, and I'm back in this hell whole called school.

School has always been horrible for me. I've never been the popular type, no one liked me, people made fun of me, and the school material was incredibly difficult. It just wasn't something I've enjoyed.

Yes, I'm your typical low life nerd, which you would probably expect to be a brainiac. Nope, I don't understand education, because I barely have one. I'm a dumb ass. But, what is correct is that I'm a nerd, just not a smart one.

I showed up to first period wearing a basic black top with my dad's over sized red flannel over it, ripped jeans, and black and white checkered vans. Of course, with my 'G' necklace on.

I took my seat in my first period algebra class with Mr. Maurice. My seat was in the far back right next to a bunch of preppy bitches. Right as I walked through the door, their eyes followed me all the way until I took my seat next to them, and they giggled once I did.

There were 4 girls. 2 brunettes, one blonde, and one with pink dye. The one with pink dye, Jamie, sat on top of the table of her seat. Casey, one of the brunettes rested her back and left foot on the wall as she glared at me. The other brunette, Paris, sat comfortably in her seat right next to me. And, the blonde, Makayla, shared a seat with Paris.

Once I sat down, I instantly coughed at the amount of perfume that entered my nostrils.

"Harvey, you can finally smell yourself now?" Jamie rudely asked me.

I scoffed, "It's Harley, not Harvey."

Paris laughed, "Like the bike? Jeez, I know your dad works at a raggedy auto shop, but who would name their kid after a motorcycle?"

I fake laughed, "Who would name their kid after a the capital of France?"

I fucking hate when people mention my dad's car shop.

Paris stuck her tongue out at me as the bell rang.

"Okay, everyone back to their seats, now!" Mr. Maurice shouted.

Makayla got in her seat in front of me, Jamie sits behind me, Paris to ny right, and Casey to my left. I was surrounded by hoes.

About 30 minutes into Mr. Maurice's algebra lecture that I don't care about, I received a text message that caused a ring to sound. My face instantly felt hot. Fuck, I forgot to turn off my phone before class. Mr. Maurice takes these silly things seriously.

Everyone in the class turned to me, wide eyed.

"Ms. Jayne, is that your cellular device going off in my class?" Mr. Maurice glared at me.

In the corner of my eye I saw Makayla turn to Casey and say, "Harvey, gets text messages?"

I stuttered blank faced, "I-I'm sorry."

Mr. Maurice brought his hand to his forehead and with his other hand he waved me over, "You know the drill."

Mr. Maurice has a tendency of performing public embarrassment. If your phone goes off in his class, he'll have you read the text message out loud, or answer the phone call for you, in front of the entire class.