Horse Love

Tess: 8 years old, 4'7, Long brown curly hair, grey tabby ears
David: 13 years old, 6'7, Black hair, black wolf ears
Flame: 17 years old, 8'1, ginger hair, fox ears.
Mom: 42, 5'8, long blonde hair, blonde cat ears
Papi: 43, 5'10, Black hair, black wolf ears.
I don't think anyone had it this bad. I had a severe disease of horse love. But I didn't want any kind of horse, I wanted a big black draft horse.
          I walked around the forest, wondering how I could get a horse. It was a nothing thing I did after I went to the fishermen's camp and collected change and other things I could find. I heard the rustling on the grass and the clucking of mule hooves, and I knew they left.
       I'd run to the fishermen's camp. I made tight turns to avoid the bushes, thorns, and trees. I stopped as I saw the logs. I'd rub my bare feet on the grass before entering their camp. I'd look around as I saw the glistening of the stream. There were pennies, nickels, snacks, and other things. I'd grab an untouched candy bar.
      I'd peel the rapper and started to take bites of the candy bar. The chocolate would melt on my tongue as my ears would flatten in satisfaction. I collected the coins they self behind. Thy had forgotten a paper.
        I picked it up, it was a magazine! I've heard of one but I've never seen one. I'd open the crumbled pages and saw an ad. "Draft horses... $100..." I'd mumble, reading the paper. My eyes would brighten.
        "I have $20 now... And in two years I could earn $80 from selling things to the fishermen and farmers." I'd say. I'd smile as my white crooked teeth would show. I shoved the newspaper in my tiny pocket.
      I walked out of the fishermen camp and stuffed the coins in my pocket. I walked to the trash can and dug through the trash. I found two glass jars. They were perfect! They were narrow and clear.
       I snatched the coins from me and my brothers room. It took me a couple of trips to get all of my coins. I sorted the coins. The quarters, dollar coins, and dimes were in one jar, where the pennies and nickels in the other.
       The jars were heavy as I hid them in my cabinet. I ran to the kitchen and grabbed a bucket. I went through the BlackBerry bush. I'd drop the black berries into the bucket. My hands were scratched and ant bitten. For some reason, I couldn't feel the pain.
      I walked back home and put the black berries away. I could sell them to the fishermen. My brothers are probably setting out steel traps. For our family, it doesn't matter who set the traps, it's who gets the animal first who gets the hide. If I wake up early, maybe I can get rabbit hide.
          I walked over to the stream and washed my scratched and bitten hands. The water was cold, but soothing. I stood up and walked back home. "Go get my dried corn sugar." My mom would say, getting her grinder ready. I picked up the basket of dried corn and handed to her. "Thanks sugar." My mom would say, kissing my head.