Chapter 3: Harry's P.O.V

“Yeah, I just arrived few hours ago. Tell Eleanor I said ‘hi’”, I said as I talked to Louis. “Okay, okay”, I heard him say on the other line. I didn’t think I wouldn’t be having a vacation here in L.A after our tour in America and in Australia. All I wanted was to wake up in my own room every morning for the next two weeks. But I can’t let fans bother our neighbors anymore. So I asked my mom to go with me and leave Holmes Chapel for a while. And while I’m here, I could talk to some producers and writers for our next album. I wore a plain blue shirt and a sweat shirt over it to match with my faded jeans and a pair of sneakers. For my disguise, I wore my favorite beanie to hide my curly hair and I also wore a pair of big shades. I hope I achieve a low profile in wearing these. I walked out of the hotel and headed to this music studio Paul told me. I arrived there early and the man who wore the black shirt said that Mr. Smith will arrive after half an hour. I waited, but I got bored so I went out for a walk. I passed by a group of girls who were too busy talking about us that they didn’t seem to notice me. That’s a very good thing.

I stood there, listening to the girls’ conversation when this young lady bumped into me. She fell down, and I panicked a bit. I quickly offered my hand and apologized. She took it and she stood up, she was saying something but I didn’t clearly hear it. So instead, I apologized again, just to be sure. I don’t know why but she stared at me like I have some dirt on my face or something. Or maybe she figured who I was behind the glasses. I’m afraid that she’ll scream and get attention from fans nearby. I need to think fast! I don’t know why but I introduced myself to her, but I’m quite sure that’ll cause her to “fan girl”. Surprisingly, she didn’t! Well, that’s a first after the lads and I toured. I’m glad that I can still talk to girls normally, and not because I’m famous. Cass, that’s what she said her name was. I love it. I like to stay and chat with her for a while but I don’t want to keep her long because I will meet Mr. Smith later. “Nice to meet you Cass. But listen, I’d love to stay and chat, unfortunately, I’ve got work”, I told her. I guess she’s finally able to gasp some air, Cass seemed more comfortable. I bid farewell and walked away.

As I was walking away from Cass, I messaged Niall, “I just bumped into a girl who didn’t seem to know me! I’m not sure though. There’s something about her that interests me”. After a few minutes, Niall called, “Harry! Did you get her name? How about her number? Did you tell her you wanted to see her again? Is she pretty? Is she-“. I laughed and said, “Calm down, okay? I can’t answer all of your questions you know? Well, her name is Cass, for one thing. And no, I didn’t get her number. She’s pretty, and I’m hoping to see her again”. Even though Niall’s not here, I know that he’s smirking. “You should’ve got her number. By then you’ll be able to see her again”, he said like he’s an expert. “Yeah, yeah. I’m sure she lives here somewhere. By the way, how’s the concert? “, I changed the topic. “It’s great! I met them backstage and they gave me advices and other things. They’re very cool!”, Niall said with excitement. It’s a good thing for him that he’s enjoying the vacation at home. I suddenly missed home. “Great. Anyway, I’ve got to go. I’m meeting Mr. Smith in a few”, I said. After a few seconds, we both hung up.

I was just walking around the block, looking at some good places to visit after everything I need to do for today. When I got tired, I went to this small ice cream shop and ordered my favorite vanilla ice cream. I ate it while I was crossing the street, on my way back to the studio. The wind blew so hard that made my beanie fall to the ground. I quickly picked it up and prayed that nobody saw my hair. When I stood up, I started to hear screams going toward me. I was supposed to run to the studio but it was too late. Girls have already surrounded me. I smiled at them, and took photos with them. Luckily, some guards from the studio saw what’s happening and they helped me get out of the crowd. Just before I entered the establishment, I turned around; I waved my hand and smiled at the fans.

When the door behind me closed, I went to the boy’s comfort room to fix my hair. I looked at myself at the mirror and wore my beanie again. I didn’t notice I had a little stain from the ice cream on my shirt. I tried to clean it using the water, fortunately, it went off. But my shirt was wet, so I stayed in for a while until it dries up. Just in time to meet Mr. Smith. The man wearing the black shirt said that there’s someone auditioning so there’s still time for fixing myself up.

I went to the room when I’m satisfied, and the audition just ended. The producers stood up and they shook my hand one by one. I looked at the recording room, and I was surprised to see who’s there. My brain wasn’t able to think of how to react, but it seemed like my body has its own mind. My arm automatically waved at Cass and I can’t stop smiling. Mr. Smith is saying something but I can’t hear it. I can’t keep my eyes off her. I just came back to my senses when Mr. Schneider tapped my back and signaled me to have a seat. I wanted to look at her again, but I’m afraid the producers around me will notice, so I just stared at the microphone not far from me. At the back of my eye, I saw her leave. The rest of the meeting went well, although I didn’t fully understand what we talked about. It’s something about writers under their company… next album… I’m really not interested all of a sudden.

The rest of the day went boring. And I can’t wait to go to this club tonight. I’ve heard it’s a popular club around here. Everybody’s talking about.