Promises and proposals

Not going to lie, knowing Laina was out of the picture was an insane relief. But I was so confused. So what exactly was happening?
Leo and I were pretending to date, but turns out he actually has a crush on me. Also I might be falling for him? As much as I hated myself for doing so, it seemed like it was really happening. Leo was a good guy. The sweetest I know, he wouldn't hurt me. He'd never. Atleast that's what I'd like to believe.
I hadn't told Leo I liked him back, because confessing my feelings was the hardest thing for me to do and I wasn't completely sure at the moment.
I was so inexperienced in this kind of stuff, you'd think I was living under a rock all my life. I was never one to involve myself with a guy, romantically. What was happening to me?

We're still pretending to date though and things hadn't become awkward, which was pretty cool.
Why hadn't he asked me how I felt though? Not that I'm complaining, because I don't have an answer.

My thoughts were driving me crazy and I was failing all these tests. At this point of time I hardly cared though. All I wanted was for this week to get over. On Friday Leo was going to propose to me. That time he'd probably ask me how I felt about him and I planned to tell him the exact truth. Everything would be okay then. The guilt wouldn't be killing me and my tests would be over. How I wish this week went faster.

Finally after what felt like years, the week had come to an end. Today Leo was going to propose to me, and I felt butterflies and excitement floating through me all day.
At the end of the day he pulled me to the side in one of the staircases and I felt so nervous and so excited at the same time.
This was it!
A boy was going to propose to me! Tell me that he likes me. I wonder what it'll be like.
Only to be disappointed.
"Hey Kayla, listen, I'm really sorry." Leo half whispered to me.
"What happened?"
"I'm not going to propose to you today"
"Ohh, that's okay" I lied. I felt my stomach sink to the ground. I was so disappointed. "Why what happened?" I managed to ask.
"I've just been so caught up with the tests and all the work, and I couldn't focus because of you. I'm just really sorry. I promise I'll do it another day. I just need some time Kayla"
As much as I hated to admit, I could relate to everything he said. I knew exactly how much work we had, and there's no way I would've been able to plan a proposal in all this.
"Hey, that's okay, I understand baee" I smiled and hugged him.
Wow. Hugging him is my new favourite thing to do.
Even though it felt like a few seconds, we must've hugged for around 2 minutes. The people in the corridor must be judging us so hard. But for the first time in this hell of a place, I really didn't care. Maybe this dating thing wasn't so bad after all.
"Let me drop you home, Kayy?"
"Don't you have tuition today?" I asked him
"So? I'd ditch tuition everyday if it meant I could be with you, pretty girl."
Maybe this could become something great. Maybe life was finally going my way for once.

If only.

Hey guys, I hope you liked this chapter, not one of my finest though xD. I've been moving and so I haven't been able to write much. But I plan to be more regular from now on.
If you liked it please vote and leave a comment for me to read :).