Time for Tea

The pink hedgehog had not expected this. She had been minding her own business coming to visit her friend Cream, only to see that there was someone waiting in the young rabbit's bedroom. Amy, fearing that her friend's habit of leaving her window open had finally lured in a predator, without any hesitation began charging towards the open window without a second thought.

"Hey, you!" She called out, still charging towards the open window. "Get the hell out of Cream's room!"

The figure had stopped right at the window, his head tilted as though he were trying to figure out what the hell was going on, and before he could question the pink hedgehog running towards him with her hammer in hand, she had already jumped.

"Hiyaa!" Amy bashed her hammer against the intruder and, to her surprise, the intruder took her down with him.

"Ms. Amy, please leave Mr. Shadow alone!" Cream's voice called out from her doorway, the rabbit returning back into her bedroom with a tray of treats to see Amy trying to clobber Shadow while he kept the pink hedgehog's hammer at bay.

"Shadow?" Amy asked as she finally took a moment to examine who exactly it was that she had been wrestling for possession of her hammer, only to see a glaring ultimate life form, eyes narrowed, and still focused on keeping Amy from attacking him once again.

"Hello, Rose, is there any specific reason why you decided to launch yourself through Cream's window and attack me?" Shadow asked evenly.

"Oh, sorry Shadow, didn't recognize you." Amy stammered, now loosening her grip slightly and moving her hammer away from him. Shadow sat up on his own but Amy held out her hand and helped the dark hedgehog off the floor.

His eyes went from her and then towards the window that she had leapt from. "...Of course not."

For just a moment her face twitched as she tried to figure out whether there had been a tinge of disbelief in his voice or if it had just been her imagination.

Cream walked over towards Shadow and looked up at him, "Are you alright, Mr. Shadow?"

He nodded and, too quickly for Cream to notice, glimpsed towards Amy who did catch the hostile look he shot her before answering, "I'm fine."

Cream led him towards where he had been sitting before and returned the plastic pastel yellow chair from the ground back up, which Amy and Shadow had both tumbled into during the fall, and sat down on the chair that he was led to. Cream looked towards her left to see that the pink plastic cup that Shadow had been drinking from, before Amy assaulted him, had leaked onto the floor to their left.

She picked up the abandoned cup and held it gently in her hand, "It spilled all over..."

"My apologies, I let my guard down." Shadow said in response after seeing her reaction to the spill, but under his breath, "I hadn't been expecting to be ambushed while I was here."

Amy turned her head towards him quickly as she began glaring at the ultimate life form that was currently keeping his attention on Cream. The hand that had been gripping onto her hammer had begun clenching it even tighter after hearing the black hedgehog's complaints, now knowing that he was holding her mistake against her.

"It's alright, Mr. Shadow." Cream smiled uncomfortably, worrying about whether the tea stain would ruin her carpet and then glanced towards Amy, "I'll be right back." And promptly left the two hedgehogs alone in her room.

"Got something you wanna say, Shadow?" Amy snarled, crossing her arms as she looked down at him.

Not bothering to face her, he kept his back to her when he responded, "Nothing at all." He answered without emotion, letting his arms rest against the table in front of him that was the same color as the chair that he was sitting on.