Part 1>

Skylar

"Morning sweetheart!" my mom chirps as I make my way down the stairwell.

"Morning mum," I smile, leaning over to peck her cheek. I continue down the hallway, heading for the front door.

"Skylar, have you eaten yet?"

I pause for a second. I didn't want to worry her, but I couldn't lie. "N-no..." I trail off.

Her face immediately falls into worry. "Skye, you have to eat breakfast. I worry about you. I know it's been a year... but old habits are easy to fall back into and I'm doing everything in my will to prevent that," she clarifies, still wearing a distraught look.

"I know mum, I'm sorry. I forgot because I didn't feel hungry this morning."

"Okay, but I haven't changed my mind.  We have yogurts in the fridge, cereal in the pantry, and waffles in the freezer," she lists off my breakfast options.

"Waffles," I grin,"But make it quick mum, I have to get to school."

She smiles and strolls into the kitchen to toast the waffles.

"Are you sure?" I ask "I can make them."

"Yes."

>>•<<

I rev up the engine of my Ford Malibu. My high school wasn't far from home. Only about five minutes away, but 10 because I pick Selena up.

"Hey hey hey!" Selena sings while settling down in the passenger seat and assembling. Her backpack on the floor.

"Hey M," I greet her with a smile.

I pulled out of her driveway and flipped the radio on. We spent the remainder of the car ride singing along to Camila Cabello's 'Havana'.

Meredith and I said a quick goodbye and headed off to our first class of the day.

>>•<<

As soon as the last bell of the day rang, I gather my things, mutter a 'goodbye have a nice night' to my teacher, and head out the doorway.

The hallway flood with students, eager to get home after a long day of school. My phone buzzes, and I slip it out of my pocket to check the notification.

Mom: Hi Hun! I hope your day was good. I have some big news to tell you when you get home...

What could my mum possibly have to tell me that she considered 'big news'. The last important thing she announced was that my baby niece used the toilet for the first time. I know right? Whup-tee-doo!

I compose a small text in response and press send:

Me: Thanks mum. I'll see you later, looking forward to hearing about your big news.

>>•<<

"Hello?" I say, stepping inside my mom and I's condo.

"Skye!" my mom greets me, pulling me in for a quick hug.

After our we separate, I playfully raise my eyebrow, waiting for what she has to say

"So, you remember my good friend Ella, right?"

"Yep," I nod.

"Well, her son Mitchell is desperate for a place to stay. Ella and Mark have to move for 6 months to Africa for Ella's job, and Mitchell needs a place to stay for the time being since he still has to continue school. I offered to help," she clasps her hands together in excitement. As soon as I heard 'Mitchell', my eyes widened in disbelief. I could not wrap my head around living with the schools 'bad boy'.

"You've got to be kidding me," is all I could say. Believe me, this isn't the first time I've met Mitchell. He was the I-used-to-take-baths-with-them-when-we-were-like-five-but-now-we-don't-even-know-each-other kind of friend.

"Come on Skye!" She insists "I know he's not always on his best behavior, but maybe living win us will help him." I loved my mom, and she seemed so happy to help Ella out I just couldn't bear to bring her joy down.

"Okay," I suppress a small smile,"I'll find a way to deal with him." She squeezes me in a quick hug and proceeds to loading the dishwasher.

What has she gotten me into...

>>•<<

Hey! So this is my first story that isn't a fanfiction. I hope it wasn't too bad :)
Xoxo