Chapter One Part Two

“Come in. Quickly!” the monk quietly but quickly instructed Adora, opening the door wider to let her in. As she walked inside the monk looked outside to see if anyone had heard their conversation and to his knowledge no one was around. The doors were then closed and locked by the monk. He turned to face Adora and stated, “My name is Yu. There is someone I think you should meet. Follow me.” he walked at a good pace as they went through hallways after hallways and up stairs. While they were on their way to meet whoever the monk wanted Adora to see, she took in her surroundings. “This was where my father grew up…” These were few of the things she thought of, but she also noticed many things like how there was green life here, and how there was all kinds of people with different skin tones, age, and gender.

“We're here.” Yu stated gaining Adora’s attention. They were standing in front of a door that seemed to be covered in holy carvings. Yu knocked on the door, “Bhante, I have someone here you need to see. It is of great importance.”

On the other side of the door a cheerful voice was heard, “Come in! Come in!” Yu opened the door revealing an older monk reading a book as they walked in closing the door behind them. “Wai, Bhante. Who is this?” The older monk asked as he turned to look at them as he closed the book and held it in his lap.

Adora was confused as to why the older monk had called Yu, Bhante. “Isn't Bhante your name?” Adora asked the older monk.

The two monks laughed a bit as if there was a secret joke between the two. “No, no. Bhante is a word to call monks of any rank. Wai is a greeting, almost like hello.” the older monk stated then moved on, “My name is Yang, but it is not common to say our names. If you wish to use it, please use Phra in front of a monk's name. So, who may I ask are you?”

Adora blushed at not remembering something like this when her father had nagged her about it. “My apologies, Phra Yang. My name is Adora Amidane.”

Realization appeared in Phra Yang’s eyes. “You are related to Ebiye Amidane.” It wasn't a question, but a statement.

“Yes, I'm his daughter. I have came here in hopes to learn to fight and to become stronger than my father.” A blaze of passion shined in her eyes. “Please teach me!”

Phra Yu smiled remembering that her father had that same look in his eyes as well. He turned his eyes to Phra Yang nodding his head slightly as if to say he would watch her progress. Phra Yang looked at them both then said, “Adora you can stay and learn from us, but you must follow our rules. Understood?”

Adora smiled brightly, “I will! I won't let you down!” Her thoughts were going a mile a second,  she was happy that she finally made it to the very place that her dad talked about all those years ago when she was young.

Phra Yang smiled at the woman's enthusiasm, “Is your father still doing well after all these years?”

Adora’s smile turned sad at the mention of her father's well being, “My parents died 8 years ago… There was a army in our village, it turned into a battlefield within seconds. My father tried very hard to protect me and my mother but sadly he was defeated. He was only one man vs an army… My mother distracted the soldiers long enough for me to get away… but didn't make it herself. I had no idea where I should go or what I should do the first couple of days. So I wandered around, until I remembered the bedtime stories my father use to tell me when I was little. That's when I decided to try to find you guys. I followed the clues in my father's stories to get here.” Adora hadn't noticed tears falling down her cheeks until Phra Yu gave her a handkerchief to use. “Thank you.”

“I'm sorry for your loss… How old are you now, Adora?” Phra Yang asked softly

“Thank you.” At those words Adora smiled a true happy smile, one she last had with her parents.

“Now, Phra Yu will be your new mentor and will show you to your new room and around the temple so you can adjust easier. Oh! Before I forget I must give you a chaiya. It means to pick a new name for a monk… How about, Xin? It means heart in Chinese.” Phra Yang gets up and places the book on his lap on a shelf as he waits for her answer.

Adora gave a slight smirk at the sound of her new name. “Xin… I like it.” Phra Yang smiles brightly as he opens a book on his table and grabs a wooden like pencil, writing her name in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That's the end on Chapter one!

So what's next? I'll tell you...Chapter 2! We are now getting to the good part! Here's a hint...our little warrior will be going on a long journey, I wonder who she'll meet along the way. And how long will it take to complete it.

-A