Chapter 1

Start writing your story

Fanfic: Three Dark Queens Ch 1, Queen of the South/La Reina del Sur | FanFiction

Edited: May 25th 2020, this is a disclaimer. I own nothing but my original characters and original storylines. Everything else belongs to their respected owners. No copyright infringement is intended.

Hi guys! I just recently discovered Queen of the South and absolutely fell in love with the show and of course James Valdez! He's so dreamy! I had to write a story for this show and give James a new love interest! I hope you guys like what I've written so far! I'd love to keep writing for this, so please let me know in the reviews how I'm doing and if you like it and would like me to keep going!

Chapter 1: Pilot Part One

Quinn's Point of View

Sinaloa, Mexico

One Year Ago

When I was a little girl I always wanted a horse of my own. I remembered watching the wild horses running through the mountains not far from our home and wanting to be just like them. Wild and free. My father said I'd never own a horse. He also said I'd never amount to anything, just like my brother Guero. He wasn't even Guero's real father. We were step siblings, but it's never felt like that a day in our life.

I snorted, if only he could see him now.

If you would have asked me the kind of life I'd have when I was ten years old, I would have probably said I would be working in some shitty cafe for shit pay, letting estúpido's grab my ass for better tips like my mother did before she died. I would have told you my father was right. I never would have imagined I'd be standing in a brand new horse stable that was built specifically for me.

Guero spared no expense, even though I told him not to. I didn't need anything extremely extravagant, I never have. He went all out though. Not that I'm complaining. The barn was beautiful. I could have lived in it, that's how luxurious my horses had it. White paint so pure it was like a fresh snow fall come winter covered the shiplap on the walls. The soft musty scent of hay filled your nose the moment you stepped close to the horses. I'd placed a few couches inside the barn to give it a more rustic homey feel, which always made me wish I could just move my bed in and sleep there instead of the house. The last time Brenda had visited we had placed potted plants all through the barn with the hopes to add splashes of color against the pure white of the paint and it had tremendously. Little pink and purple flowers overflowed the hanging baskets.

There were six stalls total and each one housed a beautiful Arabian horse. I'd told Guero three would have been more then enough to keep me happy, but six horses were unloaded from the trailer when the man came. Needless to say, I was extremely excited.

My brother promised me when we were younger things wouldn't always be the way they were. And they certainly weren't that way now. We grew up poor. We lived week to week. Sometimes Guero went without food, so I could eat dinner. That's who he was. My protector. At least he tried to be. Some things though you just can't be protected from. Like my father. While Guero was out trying to earn some way or another I became the target of his drunken rages before he ultimately bailed on us both altogether.

I'd covered the cigarette burns my father had graciously give me on my right lower forearm by my wrist with a tattoo that read, 'How sweet the sound,' in black curving ink. It was from the song Amazing Grace. It was one of the only things I really remember about my mother. She used to rock me to sleep, singing that song. That was always my favorite line, because her voice was such a sweet sound.

"How's that feel, Lucy Goose." I let the cool water running out of the water hose pour over Lucy Goose's back. It was an odd name for a horse, but I liked it.