Heart Of Gold Boy

All I knew about Oliver was from the day I met him my whole life changed and I was never going back. I knew that deep down we were meant to be together. He had seen me at my worst and at my best but, he also had such a silent streak that I never really knew what he was thinking. He never expressed anything.  When he was a freshman and trying to cover up the fact that he was being beaten and when he told me about his ex that died. He never really opened up around anyone except me. 

"What should I do Jazzy?" Stephanie asked as she walked into the apartment that night after the party at the old beach house. 

"Really Steph I think you have let go of the past just this once. I mean he did try and save you more than once." 

"I know but I just can't I mean he hurt me to much what else is there to say?" She said as she walked back and fourth on her apartment floor.

"Listen Steph If you really want to let all this go talk to him and let him know how much he hurt you and he'll understand why you can't let him in anymore not after all that has happened."

"So you want me to go back to Oliver's home and talk about old times?"

"Yes something like that. I want you to see that deep down there is more to this story than what you have told me."

"Fine I'll go tomorrow. I walked to my room and thought back to high school back to when everything was okay and when I thought that love could overcome everything. I was a fool back than but what do you expect at 16.

The next morning I drove down to Oliver's and parked outside his house. I had to think about what happened in this house. Oliver tried for years to leave and to end up her again was just painful. I walked up the pathway and knocked. "Who's there?" "It's Stephanie is Oliver here?"

"No he is'nt when he came back around I wouldn't let him in so he is staying with a guy named Jason." "Thanks."

"Aren't you the same girl that used to come here years ago?" "Yes I am." "Well you are a damn fool my son is so stupid for what he did and you are still around."

"Your son is not stupid sir I believe what he did was justified. I mean He did want to protect himself and me."

"He was a idiot who only wanted one thing the same thing any guy wants from a girl like you." "You are still a sick old man."

I walked to my car and drove to Jason's. I thought back to one day after school when Oliver walked me home. We were walking home and all of a sudden his father and brother Peter drove over.

"Hey Oliver come on it's late and dad wants you home." "I promised Steph I would walk her home." "I don't care family comes before some random girl your seeing." "Excuse me random. She is not random and I will walk her home like  a real man unlike you and then be home." "Son I want you to get in the car and let your brother walk this thing home."

"I am not a thing and I am capable of walking home alone. Oliver, Tyler won't come around my house okay just go home before you get it bad tonight alright." "Okay the girl can walk herself and we have to go." "Bye Stephanie." "Bye Oliver."  

___________________________________________________________________________________

I had just pulled up to Jason's and I really didn't know what to expect I mean I had seen him last night but, we were in the heat of the moment last night  now it's just me being old Shortcake  the constant nag.  When I knocked on Jason's door no answer I called him.

"Hey are you home?"

"No I went out to look for a part time job why?"

"I am standing outside your house and I thought you would be here and I just knocked on the door and now I know that Oliver is staying here."

"Yes but just talk to him I mean what harm can it do?"

"A lot  we have a lot  of stuff to handle from high school and from the fact that he lied about being stabbed and dying. I mean he had a funeral for God Sake!

"Listen he is back and he has tried to explain this to you numerous times and now you have to listen."

"Ok I'll knock again but if doesn't answer I'm leaving."

I turned around and knocked I looked around and when I looked back he was standing there in nothing but a towel.

"Hey Shortcake whats going on."

__________________________________________________________________________________