Unbelievable

1 month later

I watched as my phone lit up as my friends and family continued to blow up my phone. I sighed and looked away, twirling my hair around my finger. It's been one flipping month. One flipping month since I've seen my brothers, friends, parents, and family. I don't know if I can do this anymore. Sam nor Dalton has told us anything besides what Sam said three months ago.

My anger has been on the edge for about a month now. Anything sets me off and Mae has already noticed this. Sam and Dalton have but they are too blind to realize why. I can't take this anymore. It's too much. The pain, sadness, loneliness, and anger is overwhelming. I just want this to be done.

Knocking on my door brought me out of my thoughts. "Come in." I said gruffly. My bedroom door opened and in walked Dalton.

"Meet us in the living room in five." Dalton told me before leaving my room. I sighed, might as well get this over with. I threw my hair into a ponytail as I walked down the hallway.

Mae was already in the living room when I got there. She beamed and smiled when she saw me. "Hey."

I smiled, sitting beside her on the couch. "Hey Moo." I replied. Mae rolled her eyes at the nickname. I gave her that nickname in eighth grade.

"Lu." I smiled. And that's when the moment was ruined.

Sam and Dalton walked in, sitting in the armchairs in front of us. I crossed my arms, glaring at them as my anger returned.

"What do you want?" Mae asked, her face blank. The duo sighed, sharing a look before looking at us.

Dalton took a deep breath. "These past three months have been hard on the both of you. But I promise that you being here, is life saving. I know that it is confusing right, that's why we are here."

"So, care to explain then?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"You two are different from anyone else. You're the Princesses of a faraway land in France. But that Kingdom is long gone. You two, plus us, are the last known survivors. In that Kingdom, there was magic. Four types of magic. Autumn, Spring, Winter, and Summer. Yes, they are the four seasons of the year. But in our world, they are so much more than just seasons. They are what power our magic. I would explain more but I think that the books will explain it better." Sam told us.

I stared at Dalton and Sam with wide eyes before bursting out into laughter. They're hilarious. That was a good joke.

"Why are you laughing?" Sam asked, his face completely serious. Mae's and I's laughter died down at his face. Either he is a really good actor or he is being serious.

"You're being serious." I stated, completely surprised. Sam and Dalton nodded, their arms crossed over their chests. I glanced over at Mae and she was looking just as surprised as I am.

"Follow me." Dalton suddenly said, breaking the silence. He stood up and walked out of the room. Mae looked at me and I shrugged, standing up and following him. He lead us to the library. Dalton went to a book shelf and began pulling off big books, placing them on a table. I looked at the books, my eyes nearly popping out of their sockets.

"Unbelievable." I mumbled under my breath. He can't be serious about this, any of it. I slowly walked to the table and sat down, Mae doing the same. Dalton pushed a book in our direction. "Read this one first, then go down the row." He told us, motioning with his hands. I nodded and Dalton walked out, quietly closing the door behind him.

Just as I flipped to the first page of the giant book, my phone started ringing. It was an unknown number but I answered it anyway. Mae and I get some funny calls sometimes.

"Hello?" I said, leaning back in my chair. I heard breathing on the other side, along with quiet talking. "Can I help you?"

"Yes you can. Is this Emma Paul or Mae Deraunt?" The unfamiliar voice asked. I raised an eyebrow, looking over at Mae.

'Who is it?' Mae mouthed and I shrugged.

'I don't know.' I mouthed back.

"Depends on who's asking." There was some shuffling before someone spoke.

"I'm pretty sure that this is Emma." A new voice said. I gasped quietly, too low for him to hear but loud enough for Mae. Mae's eyes widen. She heard him too.

It's Logan.

"Emma Lynn Grace Paul, I know that is you." Logan paused and I winced. I know exactly what is coming next. "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!? IT HAS BEEN THREE FLIPPING MONTHS EMMA! I CALLED THE COPS AND THEY CAN'T EVEN FIND YOU. IT'S JUST LIKE YOU AND MAE DISAPPEARED OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH. AND WHY HAVEN'T YOU ANSWERED ANY OF OUR TEXTS OR CALLS? ARE YOU HURT? WHERE ARE YOU?! ARE YOU BEING HELD AGAINST YOUR WILL! GOD DANG IT EMMA, JUST TELL ME!" I let Logan yell, let him get some of his frustration out.

"I can't." I whispered, fearing that Sam and Dalton were on the other side of the library door.

"And why not?" Logan asked, sounding alot calmer.

"Because if they find out I'm talking to you, they'll probably take my phone away and make sure that I'll never see you guys again. Now, I promise to try to stay in contact. Just stay patient with Mae and I. We still have yet to find out what is going on. As soon as this thing is over with, we will head straight for LA, I promise that." I told him quietly, my eyes flickering back to the door. It still hasn't opened and I don't hear anything, yet.

Logan sighed. "Fine, just call me later on."

"Ok, will do. Now I've got to go, I'll talk to you later. Bye, love you." I rushed out, hanging up on him, not waiting for a reply. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in.

The library door opened just as I put my phone in my pocket. It was Sam. "Everything alright in here?" He asked, leaning against the door frame. I plastered a fake smile on my face.

"Yah, why?"

Sam shook his head, smiling lightly. "Nothing. I'll leave you guys to it." And with that, he walked out the door, closing the door behind him.

Mae and I both let out a sigh of relief. This is going to be harder than we thought. But we can make it through, together. We will make it through this.