Chapter 2-The Poles Apart Twins

On the black white sofa which was placed in the balcony of Mehra mansion, was decorated with different cushions covered with irregular Bohemian tribal patterns and a small table was placed near it with some bowls with boho patterns and a vase full...

On the black white sofa which was placed in the balcony of Mehra mansion, was decorated with different cushions covered with irregular Bohemian tribal patterns and a small table was placed near it with some bowls with boho patterns and a vase full of hyacinth and lavenders providing a soothing place for an artist to work.

A boy was sitting on the sofa with legs stretched and was drawing something with a palette placed on his lap and brush in his hands. He was paying an undivided attention on it.

With preoccupied attention and utmost sheer dedication, his eyes were fixed on the piece of paper he was sketching on. Hands were moving swiftly in each direction; eyes were carrying a fixed determination.

The softness in his eyes was gone. There was a pain reflecting from his eyes. A pain which no one can decipher or comprehend. A pain which is too difficult to be expressed in words. He was letting his pain through his works.

He was relieving his pain through his shayaris, his paintings and his eyes. Being an introvert has its own pros and cons, letting out pain through words are as difficult for them as making a crow a sing in the voice of nightingale.

He was Omkara Tej Mehra, 19 years old, a budding artist. He has dark long smooth hair whose hair was silky and smooth. A girl will love to trade her own hair for his.

Here comes the youngest Mehra, Rudra. Naam hai Shivji ka but kaam hai Natkhat Kanhiyalal. Gym and Girls are his life but his Om and Papa are his heart who comes first of all. He parties die hard.

Currently it's Sunday so he is there with Om and was lifting dumbbell and showcasing his muscles to Divya, who is the neighbouring Sharma Aunty's daughter.

In between sketching or moving eyes to check if there is anything missing, Om had noticed his brother was winking and sending some flying kisses younger girls.

He shook his head in disbelief as no one in family is besharam like his twin and letting out a sigh he gets himself lost in his work.

Iss dumbbell Mehra ko kuch nahin ho sakta.

Rudra was multitasking between girls, building up muscles and staring at Om. He knew Om was making something but he never get so much involve in painting that he doesn't take a sip of water for hours. Rudra had now understood that this painting is something in which Om was putting his soul into.

When Om never took a morsel or sip of water for hours in his mouth, then it is clear that the piece of art is now going to be a piece of soul. Rudra have no work but to take care of Om's diet and health so that he won't regret later of falling ill and regret delaying the piece of soul he was making.

He went into the room and returned with a plate of food and water in his hand.

"O, hey man come to earth."Rudra shouted.

It made Om annoyed and he looked at his duffer twin sternly which made Rudra smile more.

His duffer twin never understands him.

"What?" he shouted at Rudra.

"Eat something." He answered meekly with a soft smile in his face.

Om was flabbergasted at his reaction. He will usually fight back with him but instead this duffer twin was smiling at him.

"O' I know you are putting a piece of your heart in it but you need to take care of yourself too. Agar tu bimaar padgaya toh mere nakhre kaun uthayega, kiske samne mein drama karunga?" Rudra questioned him.

Om laughed at his duffer twin's antics. Rudra was his ball of sunshine in the darkest days.

He is his only reason to live the cruel life. After Ishana's death two years ago, due to the deadly fight against cancer, she gave up. She was only friend of Om since childhood. She was his first love, his best friend and his guide. Without her, he is nothing but a mere piece of paper.

When he thought of killing himself, Rudra will be the one to stop him. When he will try to slit his wrist, Rudra will be the one to throw away the knife. When his bully will try to harm him, Rudra will beat their asses up and make them ask Om for forgiveness. Rudra was the only person who held on to him and made him lean on to his shoulder when he needs a shoulder to cry. Without Ru there is no Om. Without Om, there is no RU. They are one for two and two for one. They are OmRu. No one can separate them. They are more than brothers.

Without questioning he took the morsel in his mouth and made Rudra eat some too. This moment was noticed by Tej who clicked a picture of his sons.

"Ru, tu dekhna chahta tha na meine kya bana raha hoon?" He asked Rudra softly.

He nodded his head in agreement.

He dragged him near the portrait stand.

It was painting of their late mother Jhanvi Tej Mehra

It was painting of their late mother Jhanvi Tej Mehra. A lady of excellence and beauty and Om's reason of becoming artist.

Om had perfectly drawn each and ever nook and cranny of the painting. Tej who was looking it from far came near his sons. Eyeing his beloved late wife's portrait, his eyes welled up.

He hugged his sons tightly and dropped a kiss on each of their temples and cried.

He looked up at the skey and wished.

Kash tum yahan hoti aaj Jhanvi, tumhara seena phool uth ta garv se.

Humare beetein kitne bade aur hoonhar hogaye hain.

Rudra suddenly break the hug and went to his room. It left Tej and Om confused.

He came with a selfie stick in his hand.

"Come, let's take a family pic with mom."Rudra said in excitement.

Placing Tej near Jhanvi's potrait, he made Om kneel down on the floor near Jhanvi's portrait and he mirrored Om's  position near Tej's position.

He clicked the selfie.

A group pic was thus taken.

A family doesn't need words to speak but their hearts give away what each member feels for other.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this chapter was up to your expectations. Do tell me in comments how's it?

I'm not satisfied with this outcome.Your comments will be helpful to know the progress of this story.

Daisy