--Chapter 15--

It wasn't until Saturday afternoon that Stiles awoke. Derek had finally fallen asleep in the corner and Deaton had stayed in the other room watching over Mason.

Scott hadn't moved from his spot by the front desk, Kade walking between him and Deaton.

Scott had forced himself to stay awake until his friend woke up, not wanting to miss it.

It was 12:07 when Scott heard Stiles' tail thump lightly on the seat. Scott looked up from his feet and at the Werefox, who stretched his legs with a moan before opening his whiskey brown eyes.

"Hi." Says Scott slowly.

Stiles looks at the Alpha with wide eyes, not expecting to wake up with Scott here. Stiles stays silent, his tail readjusts itself on the seat.

"Why are you here?" Asks Stiles, his voice hoarse.

Scott gazes at Stiles for a moment before speaking, "I. I wanted to say sorry."

"Well sorry isn't going to cut it this time Scotty." Says Stiles, almost spitting out his childhood name.

Scott's heart wrenches, this was because of him. Scott treated Stiles this way and now it was going to be five times harder to fix it.

"Stiles, I thought I lost you. I thought-" Scott tried so hard to hold back the tears welling up in his eyes but one fell loose, "I thought you were gone. I didn't know who to believe, what to believe and I just made it worse." Scott quickly gathered himself, holding back more tears.

"I should have been there to help you like you helped me, but I wasn't. I made your life hell, and I'm so so sorry." Stiles stares at Scott, trying to figure out whether or not to believe his words.

"God, Stiles, you deserved so much more than I gave you. I'm such a fucking idiot."

There was a few moments of silence between the two before Stiles spoke up, "Well I'm going to have to agree with that last part. You are a fucking idiot." States Stiles. "And it's hard to trust fucking idiots, but I'm just as much of a fucking idiot as you are so..." Stiles pauses, "Maybe I'll be able to trust you again."

Scott looks up in surprise, "Really?"

Stiles slowly nods, "I guess this fucking idiot," he pointed to himself, "forgot how much this fucking idiot," he pointed to Scott, "cares about me enough to walk with me through the Preserve in the night of a full moon to find a dead body."

Scott's tears fall a little more freely as he remembers the two of them looking for the body in the woods the night of their Sophomore year.

"And I guess I forgot that I did get myself into this mess no matter how much I want to blame you for it." Says Stiles.

Scott holds back a sad/happy smile.

"So I'm going to give you one chance. Because I know you would do the same."

Scott sighs and hugs his friend, who hugs him back.

"I'm so happy I didn't lose you Stiles." Says Scott, with the small smile climbing up his face, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"I'm happy I didn't lose you either." Stiles smiles as well, his tail thumps against Scotts leg a little as they embrace each other.

The mood changes when Deaton and Kade walk out of the examination room. Derek stirs and looks at the two. Scott and Stiles split from each others holds and look at them as well.

"Hey doc, any news on Mason?" Asks Scott.

"Scott, they both walked out of the room together, something is obviously wrong." States Stiles, glancing at his friend in disbelief.