Fire at 221B

Sherlock's PoV

"Yes yes! 1 fourth calcium added to the magnesium lack a..."

"Sherlock!" No no get out I need to complete this  I brush my hair out of my face writing another measurement on the table.

"Sherlock now!" I'm flipping through files in my mind palace shaking a canister above the table.

"Christ Sherlock the table is on fire!" I glance up just in time to see John shove me to the ground hitting my sleeve with a newspaper, why would he do something like... oh it's on fire I see.

John moves to grab the fire extinguisher and put out the flames on the table.

"It's ruined! I've been working on that for days!" I cry stuffing my face into my hands.

John's silent undoubtedly confused. I hear him shuffling around the table trying to find anything salvageable. Then he leaves the kitchen.

After a while of pouting I pick myself up and look at the table. "Alright it's fine Ill do something... where's my microscope?" I realize it's missing from it's normal spot on the table. There's no way it could have burnt to ashes in that short a time so where did it go?

"Sherlock I'm back!" John walks into the apartment and I realize he must have gone out through the living room door.

"Yes hello." I mutter distractedly searching for my microscope.

"Whatcha looking for?"

"It seem my microscope has gone missing you didn't place it anywhere did you?" I turn to see John's holding a large box.

"What's in that?" I ask reaching for it. "Look and see." John's smiling way to much he's excited about this perhaps..." I don't have time to finish my deduction as I see my microscope inside the box but cleaned shined and there's a new patch of metal on it.

I blink at John. "It got covered in smoke and so I took and got it shined then we noticed a dent in it so I fixed that to." He explains.

I stand awestruck why would someone do something like that for me.

"Erm that was... thank you." I murmur. John smirks. "What's so funny?" "You!" He laughs.

"Me? I'm not funny at all simply confused as to why you would do that for me when you were just angered I was setting the flat on fire."

John comes up behind me and I'm surprised to feel his arms wrap around my neck.

"Because your my friend, and I care about you." "Yes that's... that's nice." I lean my head on top of John's arm and we stand like that for a long time.