Mate or Nah

A.N Hey guys, this is my first book so im getting help from criissycris who is also my editor sooo here's the story. Hope you guys love it!!!!

As I stood in the mirror staring at myself I contemplated what to do with my life. Graduation just passed and now I had to admit that my high school life was over . I should have applied for a college months ago but I was afraid of admitting that my high school life would soon be over so I kept stalling until now. So here I am wondering what i'm going to do with my life now that high school is over.

The easiest way to solve that problem was to apply to the nearest local community college, which is exactly what I did I applied to Coaxburn Community College it was exactly three miles away from home with approximately three hundred and seventy five students attending it. I had to admit it high school was over It was time to move on.

I snapped out of my thought filled daze and began to admire my reflection in the mirror. I am a shorty I stand at a height of five foot four inches with a curvy figure bright red wavy hair silvery gray eyes and pink full lips that stood out due to my  tan completion.

I was once again snapped out of my heavenly daze by the sound of my phone beeping it was an alert that let me know that I had an incoming message. I rushed over to my phone knowing that the message would be coming from my human girlfriend Alaina. Before you say anything yes I am a lesbian and no I am not human I am a werewolf . I read the text and sure enough it was Alaina telling me that she was here and waiting outside.

I ran out of my room and down the stairs to see my brother Joseph and his best friend Lucas sitting in the living room playing a new game on his Xbox1. Joseph is older than me by two months but we look  nothing alike he got his looks from mom who is luna of our pack while I got mine from dad who is the Alpha. He has short red tousled hair bright green eyes thin lips and a tall muscular build overall he is quite attractive.

"Where's Mom?"  I asked Joseph while nodding to Lucas.

"Oh hey umm, she went out a while ago sorry I forgot to tell you " He said while still focused on the game. I never got how boys could be that focused on video games.

I let out a sigh as I walked over to the front door to let Alaina in. She was standing at the door texting on her phone when I got there.

"Hey beb" She said while jumping on me

" Hey hun" I replied holding her close as we walked back into the house together to see Lucas in the kitchen making a sandwich and my bro in the living room watching television.

"Josey!!!!!" Alaina screamed while running over to Joseph and plopping down in his lap as he opened his arms to her.

It was nice to see her this happy. Alaina had recently lost her own brother to cancer and seeing her this happy after what she has been through brought a smile to my face. Joseph was a big part in her happiness you see ever since she lost her brother Joseph has been like her new one they are really close nowadays and i'm really grateful for that he has really filled the gap inside of her where her brother used to be.

I must have been looking at her for a while because when I snapped out of my daze she was looking at me with the most loving and caring eyes right before she mouthed "I Love You" I felt my cheeks start to heat up and I knew she could see the deep red that marked my cheeks  because she looked at me smiled and turned back to my brother. I smiled and ran up to my room trying to hide my embarrassment.

As i stepped into my room and my favorite song started playing on my iPod Wicked Games by The Weekend I turned up the speakers and started singing along to it right as Alaina walked into the room and wrapped her little arms around my waist . I turned to her and held her tight to me right before lifting her face to mine so we were staring into each others eyes.I began to wonder when my wolf would tell me that she is really my mate. I love her so much that it would kill me if she wasn't. I made a vow to myself that if the time should come and I find out that she is not my mate I would reject my mate for her thats just how much I love her.

She looked deep into my eyes and said "I could stare into your beautiful eyes forever" 

"I could love you for eternity" I said right before crashing my lips to hers in a passionate kiss I cupped her cheeks in my hands and felt that her face was wet. I pulled away to see that she was crying. I took my thumb and wiped away her tears.

"Hey, what's wrong love why are you crying" I said in a soothingly soft voice

She looked up at me fresh tears brimming her eyes threatening to spill over and said " I've been accepted to The Princeton University, which is on the other side of the planet. Im leaving tomorrow" she managed to breathe out ,before the tears began rushing out of her beautiful brown eyes.

I heard what she said but I couldn't bring myself to understand that she was really leaving me tomorrow. I pulled her off of me so that we were once again looking into each others eyes. I moved and sat myself down on the bed trying to calm my beating heart and control the raging thoughts that seemed to be pounding on my skull.

"WHAT!!??" I yelled as i grabbed her arms so that she was standing directly in front of me.

"I-I-I'm Sorry, I applied before graduation a-and I-I-I got the acceptance letter today" she stuttered

I couldn't help the tears that were threatening to fall, she came forward to kiss me and I pulled back. The hurt in her almost made me want to hug her and comfort her but I couldn't bring myself to do it. She came here to leave me. This was our final goodbye.

She turned around to leave when i grabbed her arm and dragged her to face me then i pecked her forehead and whispered in her ear, "This goodbye is long lasting." She looked me deep in the eyes turned and left