Chapter 2: The Fight

Jake walked along the corridors of his school, heading to his second class for the day. He was hoping to come across that kid again to teach him a lesson this time.

Mark on the other hand, completely forgot about the arogent jock that he'd come across. He was too busy with his music and books to worry about unwanted people that would never matter to him.

When lunch arrived, Mark got out his packed lunch from his messenger bag and chose to sit alone at the table that was placed at the very back of the cafeteria. Though this got many of the students attention, he could've cared less.

Jake entered the cafeteria and instantly spotted the lone kid at very back. He smirked. 'found you', he thought.

Mark was finished with his lunch and was listening to his songs again, nose burried in a novel that he'd recently purchased.

Jake, once again, took the headphones off of his head, startling him.

Mark gasped and glared at the rude jock, as he did something that he rarely ever found himself doing.

Jake was, again, stunned. The kid had just literally yelled in his face. "the fuck man!! Not the headphones!!", he'd yelled, as he stood up to him.

Mark, unwantingly, whimpered as he was grabbed by the shirt but put on a brave face as he glared at the enraged jock that stood before him.

Jake had never met a person that glared at him dispite their obvious fear. He was impressed to say the least. But no one dared to do this. So he raised his clenched fist and punched the blonde square in the face, making him stumble back and fall onto the table that he'd been sitting at.

" No one goes up against me. And if they do, they will end up like you did.", said Jake, with a superior air to him.

".. Only.. The weak beat the others up. The stronger ones are those who learn to stand back up after being beat down.", Mark said, bravely. Though he honestly didn't know why he did so. He is never like this. Stupid jock was changing him.

Jake's eyes widened. That struck a chord in him. He growled and launched himself at him. He threw his best punches and kicks, leaving the kid almost unconscious on the floor.

" why don't you try being strong now, fucking nerd.", he growled and kicked him one last time before he stalked out of the cafeteria. Leaving him completely unconscious now.

That day Mark decided not to "try" to be strong ever again.

And the same day Jake remembered the things he'd forgotten with such difficulties, while he cried himself to sleep.