Chapter 1: Crossed Paths

Mark walked down the new street, of the new town, that lead to his new highschool. It was a huge pain to change schools as often as he's used to doing now. His father's job just loves to transfer him. He understands that its important, so he never complained. He didn't socialize much anyway, so it didn't matter much when they moved from one town to another.

Jack sat on one of the many benches, in front of his school, with a couple of his friends. He was chatting away about all the nonsense rumors, pretty chicks, and whatnot. He usually didn't give much attention to his surroundings whilst he spent time with them, but today something made him turn his attention away from the conversation that they were currently having.

And that was when Mark entered Jake's line of vision.

Oblivious to the world around him, Mark walked past a group of jocks that chatted away about mundane things. His headphones in place, playing one of his favorite songs. He didn't notice the jock that seemed to take an interest in him until it was a bit too late.

Jake grabbed the headphones off the head of the new nerdy kid that he hadn't seen before.

Mark, startled, turned around to face the jock that looked extremely arogant to him.

Jake smirked," new here, are we?", he asked in a knowing way that showed little to no kindness, and lot more arrogance.

Mark glared at this brunette that dared to touch his precious headphones. He missed the best line of the song, dammit!

Jake raised an eyebrow at the blonde that seemed to be courageous enough to glare at him. He had no idea what he had just gotten himself into. No one dared to give Jake of all people the stink eye. No one. So he glared back.

The two stood there glaring at the other without a care for the warning bell that had rung just a while back.

Jake's friends didn't even bother to try and get him before they left for their own classes. Knowing the stubborn jock, they wouldn't stand a chance anyway.

Mark, tired of the uncalled glaring match that they seem to having, snatched his headphones back from the jock, and gave him one last glare before he stalked off to the office to collect his time table and locker keys.

Jake stood stunned for a whole minute. He had never come across a nerd that could stand up against him the way this blonde did. He smirked. He was really starting to like this new kid.